Acland Demographics (QLD) Local Stats

Acland (4401) is a suburb of South Eastern, Toowoomba & South Eastern, Queensland. It is about 133 kms from QLD's capital city of Brisbane. Acland is in the federal electorate of Groom.

In the 2011 census the population of Acland was 208 and is comprised of approximately 49.5% females and 50.5% males.

The median/average age of the population of Acland is 35 years of age.

91.9% of people living in the suburb of Acland were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were 2.4% United States of America, 1.9% New Zealand.

98.6% of people living in Acland speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 1.4% Language spoken at home not stated.

The religious makeup of Acland is 25.4% Anglican, 18.7% No religion, 15.8% Lutheran, 12.9% Uniting Church, 8.6% Catholic, 7.7% Religious affiliation not stated, 4.3% Christian, nfd, 3.3% Presbyterian and Reformed, 3.3% Pentecostal.

57.0% of people are married, 26.8% have never married and 7.0% are divorced and 2.1% are separated. There are 10 widowed people living in Acland.

72.3% of the people living in Acland over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 24.1% are working on a part time basis. Acland has an unemployment rate of 3.6%.

The main occupations of people living in Acland are 41.2% Managers, 18.8% Machinery operators & drivers, 11.2% Clerical & administrative workers, 11.2% Technicians & trades workers, 7.5% Sales workers, 6.2% Labourers, 3.8% Professionals.

The main industries people from Acland work in are 39.8% Agriculture, forestry and fishing, 10.8% Manufacturing, 8.4% Mining, 7.2% Professional, scientific and technical services, 7.2% Wholesale trade, 4.8% Electricity, gas, water and waste services, 3.6% Public administration and safety, 3.6% Retail trade, 3.6% Administrative and support services.

32.8% of homes are fully owned, and 19.4% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 40.3% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $423 per week and the median household income is $956 per week.

The median rent in Acland is $230 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $1715 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for Acland postcode 4401

  • Qpzm LocalStats Queensland Suburb of the Day: Richlands 4077 -> Brisbane -> Queensland