Runnymede Demographics (QLD) Local Stats

Runnymede (4615) is a suburb of South Eastern, Sunshine Coast, Queensland. It is about 141 kms from QLD's capital city of Brisbane. Runnymede is in the federal electorate of Maranoa.

In the 2011 census the population of Runnymede was 274 and is comprised of approximately 43.8% females and 56.2% males.

The median/average age of the population of Runnymede is 46 years of age.

88.7% of people living in the suburb of Runnymede were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were 2.6% England, 1.8% New Zealand, 1.8% Scotland.

96.7% of people living in Runnymede speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 3.3% Language spoken at home not stated.

The religious makeup of Runnymede is 29.9% Catholic, 18.2% No religion, 12.8% Anglican, 8.8% Uniting Church, 8.4% Religious affiliation not stated, 5.8% Lutheran, 5.5% Presbyterian and Reformed, 2.9% Baptist, 2.2% Eastern Orthodox, 2.2% Other Christian.

57.0% of people are married, 22.2% have never married and 12.2% are divorced and 3.9% are separated. There are 11 widowed people living in Runnymede.

58.4% of the people living in Runnymede over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 31.2% are working on a part time basis. Runnymede has an unemployment rate of 8.0%.

The main occupations of people living in Runnymede are 31.4% Managers, 12.7% Clerical & administrative workers, 11.9% Machinery operators & drivers, 11.9% Technicians & trades workers, 11.0% Labourers, 8.5% Community & personal service workers, 5.1% Professionals, 5.1% Sales workers, 2.5% Occupation inadequately described/ Not stated.

The main industries people from Runnymede work in are 34.2% Agriculture, forestry and fishing, 10.5% Education and training, 10.5% Health care and social assistance, 7.9% Inadequately described/Not stated, 6.1% Public administration and safety, 6.1% Mining, 5.3% Professional, scientific and technical services, 5.3% Administrative and support services, 5.3% Transport, postal and warehousing.

41.8% of homes are fully owned, and 34.5% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 20.9% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $339 per week and the median household income is $722 per week.

The median rent in Runnymede is $50 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $600 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for Runnymede postcode 4615

  • Qpzm LocalStats Queensland Suburb of the Day: Lower Tully 4854 -> Northern -> Queensland