Glan Devon Demographics (QLD) Local Stats

Glan Devon (4615) is a suburb of South Eastern, Sunshine Coast, Queensland. It is about 140 kms from QLD's capital city of Brisbane. Glan Devon is in the federal electorate of Maranoa.

In the 2011 census the population of Glan Devon was 304 and is comprised of approximately 47.4% females and 52.6% males.

The median/average age of the population of Glan Devon is 46 years of age.

87.8% of people living in the suburb of Glan Devon were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were 3.6% England, 3.3% New Zealand, 1.3% Netherlands.

97.4% of people living in Glan Devon speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 2.6% Language spoken at home not stated.

The religious makeup of Glan Devon is 25.4% No religion, 22.4% Catholic, 17.2% Anglican, 10.9% Religious affiliation not stated, 5.9% Christian, nfd, 4.3% Uniting Church, 3.6% Presbyterian and Reformed, 3.6% Lutheran, 2.6% Pentecostal, 2.0% Other Christian.

52.0% of people are married, 29.2% have never married and 11.2% are divorced and 3.6% are separated. There are 10 widowed people living in Glan Devon.

58.8% of the people living in Glan Devon over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 31.1% are working on a part time basis. Glan Devon has an unemployment rate of 2.5%.

The main occupations of people living in Glan Devon are 17.8% Sales workers, 17.8% Managers, 12.7% Technicians & trades workers, 11.9% Community & personal service workers, 10.2% Machinery operators & drivers, 9.3% Professionals, 9.3% Clerical & administrative workers, 8.5% Labourers, 2.5% Occupation inadequately described/ Not stated.

The main industries people from Glan Devon work in are 20.0% Retail trade, 15.0% Agriculture, forestry and fishing, 10.0% Education and training, 10.0% Transport, postal and warehousing, 7.5% Construction, 7.5% Electricity, gas, water and waste services, 7.5% Health care and social assistance, 6.7% Public administration and safety, 5.0% Mining.

47.5% of homes are fully owned, and 38.3% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 10.8% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $377 per week and the median household income is $810 per week.

The median rent in Glan Devon is $165 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $1231 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for Glan Devon postcode 4615

  • Qpzm LocalStats Queensland Suburb of the Day: Lower Tully 4854 -> Northern -> Queensland