Mount Surprise Demographics (QLD) Local Stats

Mount Surprise (4871) is a suburb of Northern, Cairns, Queensland. It is about 1367 kms from QLD's capital city of Brisbane. Mount Surprise is in the federal electorate of Kennedy.

In the 2011 census the population of Mount Surprise was 306 and is comprised of approximately 40.2% females and 59.8% males.

The median/average age of the population of Mount Surprise is 44 years of age.

84.9% of people living in the suburb of Mount Surprise were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were 4.6% New Zealand, 3.9% England.

94.4% of people living in Mount Surprise speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 5.6% Language spoken at home not stated.

The religious makeup of Mount Surprise is 21.5% Anglican, 20.5% No religion, 20.1% Catholic, 12.9% Religious affiliation not stated, 10.9% Uniting Church, 8.3% Presbyterian and Reformed, 2.6% Other religious affiliation , 2.0% Christian, nfd, 1.3% Baptist.

50.2% of people are married, 32.3% have never married and 12.8% are divorced and 1.2% are separated. There are 9 widowed people living in Mount Surprise.

72.2% of the people living in Mount Surprise over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 21.5% are working on a part time basis. Mount Surprise has an unemployment rate of 1.9%.

The main occupations of people living in Mount Surprise are 31.8% Managers, 24.8% Labourers, 12.7% Machinery operators & drivers, 8.3% Community & personal service workers, 8.3% Technicians & trades workers, 6.4% Clerical & administrative workers, 3.8% Professionals, 3.8% Sales workers.

The main industries people from Mount Surprise work in are 47.5% Agriculture, forestry and fishing, 13.3% Accommodation and food services, 9.5% Construction, 5.7% Administrative and support services, 5.7% Education and training, 3.8% Mining, 3.8% Transport, postal and warehousing, 3.2% Inadequately described/Not stated, 1.9% Professional, scientific and technical services.

48.4% of homes are fully owned, and 13.9% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 21.3% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $487 per week and the median household income is $652 per week.

The median rent in Mount Surprise is $0 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $800 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for Mount Surprise postcode 4871

  • Qpzm LocalStats Queensland Suburb of the Day: Mount Crosby 4306 -> Brisbane -> Queensland