Georgetown Demographics (QLD) Local Stats

Georgetown (4871) is a suburb of Northern, Cairns, Queensland. It is about 1407 kms from QLD's capital city of Brisbane. Georgetown is in the federal electorate of Kennedy.

In the 2011 census the population of Georgetown was 243 and is comprised of approximately 47.7% females and 52.3% males.

The median/average age of the population of Georgetown is 44 years of age.

89.6% of people living in the suburb of Georgetown were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were 4.2% England, 2.5% New Zealand.

96.3% of people living in Georgetown speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 3.7% Language spoken at home not stated.

The religious makeup of Georgetown is 31.4% Anglican, 25.6% Catholic, 23.6% No religion, 10.3% Religious affiliation not stated, 3.7% Uniting Church, 1.7% Presbyterian and Reformed, 1.2% Baptist, 1.2% Lutheran, 1.2% Christian, nfd.

58.3% of people are married, 27.8% have never married and 8.6% are divorced and 3.2% are separated. There are 4 widowed people living in Georgetown.

65.2% of the people living in Georgetown over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 21.5% are working on a part time basis. Georgetown has an unemployment rate of 2.2%.

The main occupations of people living in Georgetown are 25.8% Managers, 13.6% Professionals, 13.6% Machinery operators & drivers, 13.6% Clerical & administrative workers, 12.9% Labourers, 7.6% Occupation inadequately described/ Not stated, 6.8% Technicians & trades workers, 6.1% Community & personal service workers.

The main industries people from Georgetown work in are 28.1% Public administration and safety, 11.1% Retail trade, 11.1% Education and training, 9.6% Agriculture, forestry and fishing, 8.9% Inadequately described/Not stated, 6.7% Accommodation and food services, 4.4% Professional, scientific and technical services, 4.4% Mining, 4.4% Construction.

34.0% of homes are fully owned, and 22.3% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 43.7% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $572 per week and the median household income is $928 per week.

The median rent in Georgetown is $93 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $650 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for Georgetown postcode 4871

  • Qpzm LocalStats Queensland Suburb of the Day: Mount Crosby 4306 -> Brisbane -> Queensland