Mossman Gorge Demographics (QLD) Local Stats

Mossman Gorge (4873) is a suburb of Northern, Cairns, Queensland. It is about 1455 kms from QLD's capital city of Brisbane. Mossman Gorge is in the federal electorate of Leichhardt.

In the 2011 census the population of Mossman Gorge was 100 and is comprised of approximately 48.0% females and 52.0% males.

The median/average age of the population of Mossman Gorge is 31 years of age.

100.0% of people living in the suburb of Mossman Gorge were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth wer.

72.4% of people living in Mossman Gorge speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 27.6% Australian Indigenous Languages .

The religious makeup of Mossman Gorge is 53.5% Pentecostal, 13.1% No religion, 12.1% Anglican, 11.1% Lutheran, 4.0% Churches of Christ, 3.0% Australian Aboriginal Traditional Religions, 3.0% Christian, nfd.

3.6% of people are married, 89.2% have never married and 0.0% are divorced and 0.0% are separated. There are 6 widowed people living in Mossman Gorge.

0.0% of the people living in Mossman Gorge over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 40.0% are working on a part time basis. Mossman Gorge has an unemployment rate of 50.0%.

The main occupations of people living in Mossman Gorge are 37.5% Labourers, 25.0% Technicians & trades workers, 18.8% Sales workers, 18.8% Professionals.

The main industries people from Mossman Gorge work in are 62.5% Retail trade, 18.8% Other services, 18.8% Arts and recreation services.

0.0% of homes are fully owned, and 0.0% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 100.0% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $238 per week and the median household income is $624 per week.

The median rent in Mossman Gorge is $120 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $0 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for Mossman Gorge postcode 4873

  • Qpzm LocalStats Queensland Suburb of the Day: Lower Tully 4854 -> Northern -> Queensland