Mount Ossa Demographics (QLD) Local Stats

Mount Ossa (4741) is a suburb of Central Coast, Mackay & Whitsundays, Queensland. It is about 839 kms from QLD's capital city of Brisbane. Mount Ossa is in the federal electorate of Dawson.

In the 2011 census the population of Mount Ossa was 240 and is comprised of approximately 50.0% females and 50.0% males.

The median/average age of the population of Mount Ossa is 45 years of age.

84.1% of people living in the suburb of Mount Ossa were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were 2.9% New Zealand, 2.1% England.

92.9% of people living in Mount Ossa speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 7.1% Language spoken at home not stated.

The religious makeup of Mount Ossa is 28.5% Catholic, 21.3% No religion, 18.8% Uniting Church, 15.5% Anglican, 7.9% Religious affiliation not stated, 2.9% Presbyterian and Reformed, 2.5% Christian, nfd, 1.3% Lutheran, 1.3% Pentecostal.

56.3% of people are married, 23.7% have never married and 12.1% are divorced and 1.6% are separated. There are 12 widowed people living in Mount Ossa.

60.3% of the people living in Mount Ossa over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 19.8% are working on a part time basis. Mount Ossa has an unemployment rate of 9.9%.

The main occupations of people living in Mount Ossa are 28.7% Managers, 17.4% Machinery operators & drivers, 12.2% Labourers, 11.3% Technicians & trades workers, 10.4% Professionals, 9.6% Clerical & administrative workers, 7.8% Sales workers, 2.6% Occupation inadequately described/ Not stated.

The main industries people from Mount Ossa work in are 26.5% Agriculture, forestry and fishing, 11.5% Construction, 10.6% Mining, 9.7% Retail trade, 8.8% Education and training, 7.1% Transport, postal and warehousing, 6.2% Wholesale trade, 5.3% Accommodation and food services, 5.3% Health care and social assistance.

39.1% of homes are fully owned, and 26.4% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 26.4% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $541 per week and the median household income is $1357 per week.

The median rent in Mount Ossa is $175 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $1733 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for Mount Ossa postcode 4741

  • Qpzm LocalStats Queensland Suburb of the Day: South Gladstone 4680 -> Central Coast -> Queensland