Kelsey Creek Demographics (QLD) Local Stats

Kelsey Creek (4800) is a suburb of Central Coast, Mackay & Whitsundays, Queensland. It is about 909 kms from QLD's capital city of Brisbane. Kelsey Creek is in the federal electorate of Dawson.

In the 2011 census the population of Kelsey Creek was 263 and is comprised of approximately 43.3% females and 56.7% males.

The median/average age of the population of Kelsey Creek is 39 years of age.

92.4% of people living in the suburb of Kelsey Creek were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were 2.3% England, 1.5% New Zealand.

97.7% of people living in Kelsey Creek speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 2.3% Language spoken at home not stated.

The religious makeup of Kelsey Creek is 31.2% Catholic, 25.1% Anglican, 16.7% Uniting Church, 16.0% No religion, 8.4% Religious affiliation not stated, 1.5% Lutheran, 1.1% Other Religious Groups.

59.8% of people are married, 24.5% have never married and 8.8% are divorced and 2.9% are separated. There are 8 widowed people living in Kelsey Creek.

70.2% of the people living in Kelsey Creek over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 23.8% are working on a part time basis. Kelsey Creek has an unemployment rate of 0.0%.

The main occupations of people living in Kelsey Creek are 25.2% Managers, 20.5% Technicians & trades workers, 17.9% Machinery operators & drivers, 11.9% Labourers, 7.3% Sales workers, 6.0% Professionals, 4.6% Clerical & administrative workers, 4.6% Community & personal service workers, 2.0% Occupation inadequately described/ Not stated.

The main industries people from Kelsey Creek work in are 24.0% Agriculture, forestry and fishing, 9.7% Manufacturing, 9.7% Accommodation and food services, 7.8% Mining, 7.8% Construction, 6.5% Other services, 5.8% Professional, scientific and technical services, 5.8% Health care and social assistance, 5.8% Transport, postal and warehousing.

39.6% of homes are fully owned, and 35.4% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 20.8% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $614 per week and the median household income is $1300 per week.

The median rent in Kelsey Creek is $115 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $1950 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for Kelsey Creek postcode 4800

  • Qpzm LocalStats Queensland Suburb of the Day: Sandiford 4740 -> Central Coast -> Queensland