Glen Isla Demographics (QLD) Local Stats

Glen Isla (4800) is a suburb of Central Coast, Mackay & Whitsundays, Queensland. It is about 903 kms from QLD's capital city of Brisbane. Glen Isla is in the federal electorate of Dawson.

In the 2011 census the population of Glen Isla was 220 and is comprised of approximately 45.5% females and 54.5% males.

The median/average age of the population of Glen Isla is 42 years of age.

86.2% of people living in the suburb of Glen Isla were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were 3.7% South Africa, 3.2% England, 1.8% New Zealand.

95.9% of people living in Glen Isla speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 4.1% Language spoken at home not stated.

The religious makeup of Glen Isla is 33.3% Catholic, 21.9% Anglican, 15.5% No religion, 11.0% Religious affiliation not stated, 10.5% Uniting Church, 3.7% Presbyterian and Reformed, 2.7% Jehovah's Witnesses, 1.4% Lutheran.

52.5% of people are married, 34.6% have never married and 6.1% are divorced and 3.4% are separated. There are 6 widowed people living in Glen Isla.

64.7% of the people living in Glen Isla over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 26.3% are working on a part time basis. Glen Isla has an unemployment rate of 5.3%.

The main occupations of people living in Glen Isla are 25.4% Managers, 18.3% Technicians & trades workers, 14.3% Labourers, 11.9% Clerical & administrative workers, 11.1% Machinery operators & drivers, 7.1% Professionals, 7.1% Sales workers, 4.8% Community & personal service workers.

The main industries people from Glen Isla work in are 24.2% Agriculture, forestry and fishing, 11.3% Retail trade, 9.7% Manufacturing, 8.9% Administrative and support services, 8.1% Construction, 7.3% Health care and social assistance, 7.3% Other services, 5.6% Education and training, 4.8% Accommodation and food services.

26.6% of homes are fully owned, and 43.0% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 30.4% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $489 per week and the median household income is $1125 per week.

The median rent in Glen Isla is $250 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $1500 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for Glen Isla postcode 4800

  • Qpzm LocalStats Queensland Suburb of the Day: Sandiford 4740 -> Central Coast -> Queensland