Kalpowar Demographics (QLD) Local Stats

Kalpowar (4630) is a suburb of Central Coast, Bundaberg & Wide Bay, Queensland. It is about 353 kms from QLD's capital city of Brisbane. Kalpowar is in the federal electorate of Flynn.

In the 2011 census the population of Kalpowar was 277 and is comprised of approximately 50.9% females and 49.1% males.

The median/average age of the population of Kalpowar is 45 years of age.

93.8% of people living in the suburb of Kalpowar were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were 1.8% England.

98.9% of people living in Kalpowar speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 1.1% Language spoken at home not stated.

The religious makeup of Kalpowar is 34.9% Anglican, 15.8% No religion, 12.6% Catholic, 10.1% Presbyterian and Reformed, 8.6% Religious affiliation not stated, 6.5% Uniting Church, 4.3% Lutheran, 2.9% Christian, nfd, 2.5% Baptist, 1.8% Seventh-day Adventist.

61.0% of people are married, 19.2% have never married and 9.9% are divorced and 4.2% are separated. There are 12 widowed people living in Kalpowar.

61.1% of the people living in Kalpowar over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 35.7% are working on a part time basis. Kalpowar has an unemployment rate of 0.0%.

The main occupations of people living in Kalpowar are 44.5% Managers, 11.7% Labourers, 8.6% Machinery operators & drivers, 7.8% Professionals, 7.0% Community & personal service workers, 7.0% Technicians & trades workers, 6.2% Sales workers, 4.7% Clerical & administrative workers, 2.3% Occupation inadequately described/ Not stated.

The main industries people from Kalpowar work in are 38.8% Agriculture, forestry and fishing, 10.1% Mining, 7.8% Health care and social assistance, 7.0% Education and training, 4.7% Public administration and safety, 4.7% Retail trade, 4.7% Manufacturing, 4.7% Other services, 4.7% Wholesale trade.

51.7% of homes are fully owned, and 24.2% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 15.8% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $353 per week and the median household income is $707 per week.

The median rent in Kalpowar is $0 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $1300 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for Kalpowar postcode 4630

  • Qpzm LocalStats Queensland Suburb of the Day: Eatons Hill 4037 -> Brisbane -> Queensland