Steiglitz Demographics (QLD) Local Stats

Steiglitz (4207) is a suburb of Brisbane, Outer Southern Suburbs, Queensland. It is about 44 kms from QLD's capital city of Brisbane. Steiglitz is in the federal electorate of Fadden.

In the 2011 census the population of Steiglitz was 441 and is comprised of approximately 45.8% females and 54.2% males.

The median/average age of the population of Steiglitz is 46 years of age.

81.1% of people living in the suburb of Steiglitz were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were 5.9% England, 4.5% New Zealand, 1.1% Sierra Leone, 0.9% Hungary, 0.9% South Africa, 0.9% Germany, 0.7% Scotland.

96.4% of people living in Steiglitz speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 3.6% Language spoken at home not stated.

The religious makeup of Steiglitz is 24.8% Anglican, 19.1% No religion, 19.1% Catholic, 10.5% Lutheran, 7.5% Religious affiliation not stated, 6.6% Uniting Church, 4.8% Presbyterian and Reformed, 3.0% Other religious affiliation , 1.6% Christian, nfd, 1.4% Baptist.

59.5% of people are married, 22.2% have never married and 11.6% are divorced and 3.2% are separated. There are 13 widowed people living in Steiglitz.

60.7% of the people living in Steiglitz over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 28.1% are working on a part time basis. Steiglitz has an unemployment rate of 5.0%.

The main occupations of people living in Steiglitz are 19.8% Technicians & trades workers, 19.0% Clerical & administrative workers, 12.9% Professionals, 12.5% Managers, 10.8% Labourers, 8.6% Machinery operators & drivers, 8.2% Sales workers, 6.9% Community & personal service workers, 1.3% Occupation inadequately described/ Not stated.

The main industries people from Steiglitz work in are 15.5% Construction, 15.0% Manufacturing, 10.3% Retail trade, 6.9% Public administration and safety, 6.9% Health care and social assistance, 6.4% Professional, scientific and technical services, 6.4% Education and training, 6.4% Other services, 5.6% Transport, postal and warehousing.

34.4% of homes are fully owned, and 42.8% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 20.6% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $630 per week and the median household income is $1375 per week.

The median rent in Steiglitz is $330 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $2600 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for Steiglitz postcode 4207

  • Qpzm LocalStats Queensland Suburb of the Day: Mount Crosby 4306 -> Brisbane -> Queensland