Tarome Demographics (QLD) Local Stats

Tarome (4309) is a suburb of Brisbane, Ipswich, Queensland. It is about 79 kms from QLD's capital city of Brisbane. Tarome is in the federal electorate of Wright.

In the 2011 census the population of Tarome was 212 and is comprised of approximately 51.4% females and 48.6% males.

The median/average age of the population of Tarome is 49 years of age.

87.7% of people living in the suburb of Tarome were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were 3.8% England, 2.4% Wales, 1.9% Germany.

95.8% of people living in Tarome speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 4.2% Language spoken at home not stated.

The religious makeup of Tarome is 19.3% No religion, 15.6% Anglican, 11.3% Catholic, 9.9% Churches of Christ, 9.0% Religious affiliation not stated, 9.0% Uniting Church, 7.1% Lutheran, 4.7% Christian, nfd, 4.7% Baptist, 4.2% Jehovah's Witnesses.

65.1% of people are married, 21.5% have never married and 3.2% are divorced and 3.2% are separated. There are 13 widowed people living in Tarome.

53.3% of the people living in Tarome over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 39.1% are working on a part time basis. Tarome has an unemployment rate of 0.0%.

The main occupations of people living in Tarome are 32.3% Managers, 16.1% Technicians & trades workers, 12.9% Clerical & administrative workers, 9.7% Machinery operators & drivers, 9.7% Community & personal service workers, 9.7% Labourers, 6.5% Professionals, 3.2% Sales workers.

The main industries people from Tarome work in are 29.0% Agriculture, forestry and fishing, 12.9% Construction, 9.7% Health care and social assistance, 6.5% Accommodation and food services, 6.5% Retail trade, 6.5% Education and training, 6.5% Transport, postal and warehousing, 3.2% Professional, scientific and technical services, 3.2% Financial and insurance services.

56.8% of homes are fully owned, and 26.1% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 12.5% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $340 per week and the median household income is $850 per week.

The median rent in Tarome is $165 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $867 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for Tarome postcode 4309

  • Qpzm LocalStats Queensland Suburb of the Day: Hawkins Creek 4850 -> Northern -> Queensland