Moogerah Demographics (QLD) Local Stats

Moogerah (4309) is a suburb of Brisbane, Ipswich, Queensland. It is about 84 kms from QLD's capital city of Brisbane. Moogerah is in the federal electorate of Wright.

In the 2011 census the population of Moogerah was 209 and is comprised of approximately 52.2% females and 47.8% males.

The median/average age of the population of Moogerah is 47 years of age.

87.0% of people living in the suburb of Moogerah were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were 5.3% England, 2.9% Zimbabwe.

97.2% of people living in Moogerah speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 2.8% Language spoken at home not stated.

The religious makeup of Moogerah is 25.0% No religion, 19.3% Catholic, 13.7% Anglican, 9.0% Lutheran, 7.5% Uniting Church, 7.1% Pentecostal, 6.6% Religious affiliation not stated, 4.7% Christian, nfd, 1.4% Jehovah's Witnesses, 1.4% Presbyterian and Reformed.

66.1% of people are married, 18.6% have never married and 9.6% are divorced and 0.0% are separated. There are 10 widowed people living in Moogerah.

59.4% of the people living in Moogerah over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 30.2% are working on a part time basis. Moogerah has an unemployment rate of 4.2%.

The main occupations of people living in Moogerah are 30.8% Managers, 18.7% Professionals, 13.2% Clerical & administrative workers, 11.0% Community & personal service workers, 7.7% Labourers, 7.7% Technicians & trades workers, 6.6% Machinery operators & drivers, 4.4% Sales workers.

The main industries people from Moogerah work in are 19.6% Accommodation and food services, 16.3% Education and training, 14.1% Agriculture, forestry and fishing, 7.6% Manufacturing, 7.6% Wholesale trade, 6.5% Construction, 5.4% Professional, scientific and technical services, 5.4% Health care and social assistance, 4.3% Inadequately described/Not stated.

51.2% of homes are fully owned, and 20.7% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 24.4% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $491 per week and the median household income is $1036 per week.

The median rent in Moogerah is $180 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $1734 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for Moogerah postcode 4309

  • Qpzm LocalStats Queensland Suburb of the Day: Noorindoo 4417 -> Western -> Queensland