Towamba Demographics (NSW) Local Stats

Towamba (2550) is a suburb of South Coast, South Coast, New South Wales. It is about 385 kms from NSW's capital city of Sydney. Towamba is in the federal electorate of Eden-Monaro.

In the 2011 census the population of Towamba was 372 and is comprised of approximately 41.9% females and 58.1% males.

The median/average age of the population of Towamba is 49 years of age.

74.6% of people living in the suburb of Towamba were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were 5.4% England, 3.2% New Zealand, 1.9% Netherlands, 1.6% Austria, 1.4% Germany, 1.1% Philippines.

88.9% of people living in Towamba speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 11.1% Language spoken at home not stated.

The religious makeup of Towamba is 34.1% No religion, 17.7% Anglican, 16.7% Religious affiliation not stated, 10.8% Catholic, 5.4% Other religious affiliation , 3.2% Presbyterian and Reformed, 2.7% Islam, 1.9% Christian, nfd, 1.6% Hinduism, 1.6% Other Religious Groups.

41.6% of people are married, 35.0% have never married and 16.5% are divorced and 4.6% are separated. There are 7 widowed people living in Towamba.

42.3% of the people living in Towamba over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 35.6% are working on a part time basis. Towamba has an unemployment rate of 14.1%.

The main occupations of people living in Towamba are 24.2% Managers, 18.9% Labourers, 14.4% Clerical & administrative workers, 12.1% Machinery operators & drivers, 11.4% Technicians & trades workers, 9.8% Community & personal service workers, 9.1% Professionals.

The main industries people from Towamba work in are 22.1% Agriculture, forestry and fishing, 13.7% Health care and social assistance, 11.5% Manufacturing, 8.4% Accommodation and food services, 6.9% Construction, 5.3% Professional, scientific and technical services, 5.3% Arts and recreation services, 5.3% Other services, 4.6% Electricity, gas, water and waste services.

59.4% of homes are fully owned, and 32.2% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 4.2% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $348 per week and the median household income is $662 per week.

The median rent in Towamba is $90 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $800 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for Towamba postcode 2550

  • Qpzm LocalStats New South Wales Suburb of the Day: Parkes 2870 -> Regional NSW -> New South Wales