Coopers Gully Demographics (NSW) Local Stats

Coopers Gully (2550) is a suburb of South Coast, South Coast, New South Wales. It is about 335 kms from NSW's capital city of Sydney. Coopers Gully is in the federal electorate of Eden-Monaro.

In the 2011 census the population of Coopers Gully was 272 and is comprised of approximately 50.7% females and 49.3% males.

The median/average age of the population of Coopers Gully is 47 years of age.

93.7% of people living in the suburb of Coopers Gully were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were 1.8% New Zealand, 1.8% England.

98.5% of people living in Coopers Gully speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 1.5% Language spoken at home not stated.

The religious makeup of Coopers Gully is 39.1% Anglican, 21.2% No religion, 20.8% Catholic, 4.7% Presbyterian and Reformed, 2.2% Religious affiliation not stated, 2.2% Buddhism, 2.2% Baptist, 1.5% Christian, nfd, 1.5% Lutheran, 1.5% Uniting Church.

53.8% of people are married, 30.5% have never married and 9.0% are divorced and 1.3% are separated. There are 12 widowed people living in Coopers Gully.

56.9% of the people living in Coopers Gully over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 31.4% are working on a part time basis. Coopers Gully has an unemployment rate of 0.0%.

The main occupations of people living in Coopers Gully are 23.5% Managers, 12.8% Clerical & administrative workers, 12.8% Technicians & trades workers, 11.4% Machinery operators & drivers, 11.4% Sales workers, 11.4% Labourers, 9.4% Community & personal service workers, 7.4% Professionals.

The main industries people from Coopers Gully work in are 20.8% Agriculture, forestry and fishing, 12.3% Retail trade, 11.7% Manufacturing, 9.7% Accommodation and food services, 9.1% Health care and social assistance, 8.4% Transport, postal and warehousing, 7.8% Public administration and safety, 3.9% Education and training, 3.9% Construction.

50.0% of homes are fully owned, and 35.8% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 11.3% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $475 per week and the median household income is $907 per week.

The median rent in Coopers Gully is $125 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $1733 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for Coopers Gully postcode 2550

  • Qpzm LocalStats New South Wales Suburb of the Day: Aberfoyle 2350 -> Regional NSW -> New South Wales