Termeil Demographics (NSW) Local Stats

Termeil (2539) is a suburb of South Coast, South Coast, New South Wales. It is about 197 kms from NSW's capital city of Sydney. Termeil is in the federal electorate of Gilmore.

In the 2011 census the population of Termeil was 250 and is comprised of approximately 48.8% females and 51.2% males.

The median/average age of the population of Termeil is 50 years of age.

88.5% of people living in the suburb of Termeil were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were 5.7% England.

96.4% of people living in Termeil speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 3.6% Language spoken at home not stated.

The religious makeup of Termeil is 39.6% No religion, 17.6% Anglican, 14.8% Catholic, 8.4% Christian, nfd, 6.8% Religious affiliation not stated, 5.2% Uniting Church, 2.4% Jehovah's Witnesses, 1.6% Presbyterian and Reformed, 1.2% Islam, 1.2% Baptist.

51.2% of people are married, 22.7% have never married and 12.3% are divorced and 8.5% are separated. There are 11 widowed people living in Termeil.

48.0% of the people living in Termeil over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 39.2% are working on a part time basis. Termeil has an unemployment rate of 7.2%.

The main occupations of people living in Termeil are 19.5% Professionals, 19.5% Technicians & trades workers, 13.6% Sales workers, 12.7% Managers, 11.9% Machinery operators & drivers, 7.6% Clerical & administrative workers, 7.6% Community & personal service workers, 7.6% Labourers.

The main industries people from Termeil work in are 15.7% Retail trade, 13.0% Education and training, 12.2% Accommodation and food services, 11.3% Agriculture, forestry and fishing, 10.4% Construction, 7.8% Manufacturing, 7.8% Health care and social assistance, 7.0% Other services, 6.1% Public administration and safety.

42.9% of homes are fully owned, and 37.8% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 16.3% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $500 per week and the median household income is $1078 per week.

The median rent in Termeil is $195 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $867 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for Termeil postcode 2539

  • Qpzm LocalStats New South Wales Suburb of the Day: Urana 2645 -> Regional NSW -> New South Wales