Tuena Demographics (NSW) Local Stats

Tuena (2583) is a suburb of Regional NSW, Southern Tablelands, New South Wales. It is about 174 kms from NSW's capital city of Sydney. Tuena is in the federal electorate of Hume.

In the 2011 census the population of Tuena was 187 and is comprised of approximately 47.6% females and 52.4% males.

The median/average age of the population of Tuena is 52 years of age.

83.3% of people living in the suburb of Tuena were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were 5.9% England, 3.2% Germany.

92.4% of people living in Tuena speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 7.6% Language spoken at home not stated.

The religious makeup of Tuena is 33.3% Anglican, 24.7% Catholic, 14.5% Religious affiliation not stated, 10.2% Uniting Church, 9.1% No religion, 4.3% Presbyterian and Reformed, 2.2% Buddhism, 1.6% Christian, nfd.

53.7% of people are married, 26.2% have never married and 10.7% are divorced and 6.0% are separated. There are 5 widowed people living in Tuena.

67.0% of the people living in Tuena over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 25.0% are working on a part time basis. Tuena has an unemployment rate of 3.4%.

The main occupations of people living in Tuena are 41.5% Managers, 16.0% Technicians & trades workers, 10.6% Labourers, 9.6% Professionals, 9.6% Clerical & administrative workers, 6.4% Machinery operators & drivers, 3.2% Sales workers, 3.2% Community & personal service workers.

The main industries people from Tuena work in are 56.0% Agriculture, forestry and fishing, 13.2% Health care and social assistance, 7.7% Inadequately described/Not stated, 6.6% Retail trade, 6.6% Mining, 3.3% Professional, scientific and technical services, 3.3% Construction, 3.3% Education and training.

62.0% of homes are fully owned, and 17.7% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 12.7% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $365 per week and the median household income is $744 per week.

The median rent in Tuena is $0 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $1559 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for Tuena postcode 2583

  • Qpzm LocalStats New South Wales Suburb of the Day: Parkes 2870 -> Regional NSW -> New South Wales