Binda Demographics (NSW) Local Stats

Binda (2583) is a suburb of Regional NSW, Southern Tablelands, New South Wales. It is about 177 kms from NSW's capital city of Sydney. Binda is in the federal electorate of Hume.

In the 2011 census the population of Binda was 211 and is comprised of approximately 49.8% females and 50.2% males.

The median/average age of the population of Binda is 50 years of age.

83.3% of people living in the suburb of Binda were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were 4.8% England, 2.4% New Zealand.

91.1% of people living in Binda speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 8.9% Language spoken at home not stated.

The religious makeup of Binda is 38.4% Anglican, 29.4% Catholic, 10.9% Religious affiliation not stated, 9.0% No religion, 5.7% Uniting Church, 3.8% Presbyterian and Reformed, 1.4% Lutheran, 1.4% Other Religious Groups.

52.6% of people are married, 26.3% have never married and 6.4% are divorced and 6.4% are separated. There are 14 widowed people living in Binda.

58.7% of the people living in Binda over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 33.7% are working on a part time basis. Binda has an unemployment rate of 0.0%.

The main occupations of people living in Binda are 42.0% Managers, 14.8% Technicians & trades workers, 12.5% Professionals, 9.1% Clerical & administrative workers, 8.0% Labourers, 6.8% Machinery operators & drivers, 6.8% Sales workers.

The main industries people from Binda work in are 37.5% Agriculture, forestry and fishing, 8.0% Construction, 8.0% Inadequately described/Not stated, 6.8% Education and training, 5.7% Information media and telecommunications, 4.5% Health care and social assistance, 4.5% Wholesale trade, 4.5% Transport, postal and warehousing, 3.4% Professional, scientific and technical services.

64.4% of homes are fully owned, and 20.7% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 9.2% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $388 per week and the median household income is $637 per week.

The median rent in Binda is $0 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $1625 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for Binda postcode 2583

  • Qpzm LocalStats New South Wales Suburb of the Day: Cromer 2099 -> Sydney -> New South Wales