Laggan Demographics (NSW) Local Stats

Laggan (2583) is a suburb of Regional NSW, Southern Tablelands, New South Wales. It is about 164 kms from NSW's capital city of Sydney. Laggan is in the federal electorate of Hume.

In the 2011 census the population of Laggan was 326 and is comprised of approximately 47.9% females and 52.1% males.

The median/average age of the population of Laggan is 49 years of age.

90.5% of people living in the suburb of Laggan were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were 3.1% New Zealand, 1.2% England.

96.6% of people living in Laggan speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 3.4% Language spoken at home not stated.

The religious makeup of Laggan is 37.7% Catholic, 30.6% Anglican, 14.5% No religion, 8.3% Uniting Church, 5.2% Religious affiliation not stated, 2.2% Presbyterian and Reformed, 1.5% Other Christian.

66.8% of people are married, 17.4% have never married and 6.6% are divorced and 3.5% are separated. There are 15 widowed people living in Laggan.

67.2% of the people living in Laggan over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 27.8% are working on a part time basis. Laggan has an unemployment rate of 0.0%.

The main occupations of people living in Laggan are 45.1% Managers, 12.6% Professionals, 9.3% Clerical & administrative workers, 7.7% Sales workers, 6.6% Labourers, 6.6% Technicians & trades workers, 5.5% Community & personal service workers, 4.9% Machinery operators & drivers, 1.6% Occupation inadequately described/ Not stated.

The main industries people from Laggan work in are 43.4% Agriculture, forestry and fishing, 8.8% Health care and social assistance, 6.6% Professional, scientific and technical services, 6.6% Accommodation and food services, 6.6% Wholesale trade, 4.9% Education and training, 3.3% Public administration and safety, 3.3% Retail trade, 3.3% Other services.

47.9% of homes are fully owned, and 36.8% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 10.3% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $595 per week and the median household income is $1292 per week.

The median rent in Laggan is $115 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $975 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for Laggan postcode 2583

  • Qpzm LocalStats New South Wales Suburb of the Day: North Casino 2470 -> North Coast -> New South Wales