Tannabar Demographics (NSW) Local Stats

Tannabar (2357) is a suburb of Regional NSW, North West Slopes, New South Wales. It is about 335 kms from NSW's capital city of Sydney. Tannabar is in the federal electorate of Parkes.

In the 2011 census the population of Tannabar was 117 and is comprised of approximately 46.2% females and 53.8% males.

The median/average age of the population of Tannabar is 45 years of age.

83.1% of people living in the suburb of Tannabar were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were 5.1% Ireland, 5.1% Germany.

94.0% of people living in Tannabar speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 6.0% German.

The religious makeup of Tannabar is 25.6% Anglican, 24.8% Catholic, 19.7% No religion, 9.4% Presbyterian and Reformed, 6.8% Religious affiliation not stated, 6.8% Uniting Church, 4.3% Lutheran, 2.6% Christian, nfd.

54.4% of people are married, 22.3% have never married and 8.7% are divorced and 2.9% are separated. There are 12 widowed people living in Tannabar.

62.1% of the people living in Tannabar over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 24.2% are working on a part time basis. Tannabar has an unemployment rate of 0.0%.

The main occupations of people living in Tannabar are 66.2% Managers, 8.8% Labourers, 5.9% Professionals, 5.9% Sales workers, 4.4% Clerical & administrative workers, 4.4% Community & personal service workers, 4.4% Technicians & trades workers.

The main industries people from Tannabar work in are 64.3% Agriculture, forestry and fishing, 8.6% Health care and social assistance, 5.7% Education and training, 4.3% Professional, scientific and technical services, 4.3% Accommodation and food services, 4.3% Public administration and safety, 4.3% Manufacturing, 4.3% Wholesale trade.

63.3% of homes are fully owned, and 18.4% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 12.2% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $492 per week and the median household income is $850 per week.

The median rent in Tannabar is $0 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $867 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for Tannabar postcode 2357

  • Qpzm LocalStats New South Wales Suburb of the Day: Byangum 2484 -> North Coast -> New South Wales