Bomera Demographics (NSW) Local Stats

Bomera (2357) is a suburb of Regional NSW, North West Slopes, New South Wales. It is about 294 kms from NSW's capital city of Sydney. Bomera is in the federal electorate of Parkes.

In the 2011 census the population of Bomera was 269 and is comprised of approximately 46.1% females and 53.9% males.

The median/average age of the population of Bomera is 45 years of age.

83.1% of people living in the suburb of Bomera were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were 3.4% England, 1.9% Switzerland.

89.8% of people living in Bomera speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 10.2% Language spoken at home not stated.

The religious makeup of Bomera is 25.4% Anglican, 23.5% Catholic, 18.7% No religion, 11.9% Religious affiliation not stated, 8.6% Presbyterian and Reformed, 8.2% Uniting Church, 1.5% Buddhism, 1.1% Other Christian, 1.1% Christian, nfd.

58.8% of people are married, 23.5% have never married and 13.7% are divorced and 2.7% are separated. There are 3 widowed people living in Bomera.

72.7% of the people living in Bomera over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 22.4% are working on a part time basis. Bomera has an unemployment rate of 2.1%.

The main occupations of people living in Bomera are 53.3% Managers, 14.6% Professionals, 10.9% Labourers, 10.2% Clerical & administrative workers, 6.6% Community & personal service workers, 2.2% Machinery operators & drivers, 2.2% Sales workers.

The main industries people from Bomera work in are 54.6% Agriculture, forestry and fishing, 14.2% Health care and social assistance, 9.9% Education and training, 4.3% Professional, scientific and technical services, 4.3% Construction, 4.3% Transport, postal and warehousing, 2.1% Public administration and safety, 2.1% Retail trade, 2.1% Other services.

51.9% of homes are fully owned, and 25.9% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 16.7% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $377 per week and the median household income is $877 per week.

The median rent in Bomera is $50 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $1746 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for Bomera postcode 2357

  • Qpzm LocalStats New South Wales Suburb of the Day: Byangum 2484 -> North Coast -> New South Wales