Emerald Hill Demographics (NSW) Local Stats

Emerald Hill (2380) is a suburb of Regional NSW, North West Slopes, New South Wales. It is about 349 kms from NSW's capital city of Sydney. Emerald Hill is in the federal electorate of New England.

In the 2011 census the population of Emerald Hill was 256 and is comprised of approximately 47.3% females and 52.7% males.

The median/average age of the population of Emerald Hill is 38 years of age.

88.6% of people living in the suburb of Emerald Hill were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were 2.0% New Zealand, 2.0% England.

94.9% of people living in Emerald Hill speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 5.1% Language spoken at home not stated.

The religious makeup of Emerald Hill is 37.3% Anglican, 25.1% Catholic, 10.6% No religion, 10.2% Presbyterian and Reformed, 7.1% Religious affiliation not stated, 4.7% Uniting Church, 2.7% Christian, nfd, 1.2% Baptist, 1.2% Salvation Army.

61.4% of people are married, 24.6% have never married and 9.2% are divorced and 1.9% are separated. There are 6 widowed people living in Emerald Hill.

57.9% of the people living in Emerald Hill over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 25.2% are working on a part time basis. Emerald Hill has an unemployment rate of 5.7%.

The main occupations of people living in Emerald Hill are 42.0% Managers, 16.0% Professionals, 14.7% Machinery operators & drivers, 8.7% Clerical & administrative workers, 6.0% Labourers, 6.0% Technicians & trades workers, 4.0% Community & personal service workers, 2.7% Sales workers.

The main industries people from Emerald Hill work in are 48.4% Agriculture, forestry and fishing, 9.2% Education and training, 7.8% Mining, 5.9% Health care and social assistance, 5.2% Retail trade, 5.2% Transport, postal and warehousing, 4.6% Construction, 3.3% Professional, scientific and technical services, 3.3% Accommodation and food services.

50.6% of homes are fully owned, and 23.6% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 19.1% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $559 per week and the median household income is $1325 per week.

The median rent in Emerald Hill is $120 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $1213 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for Emerald Hill postcode 2380

  • Qpzm LocalStats New South Wales Suburb of the Day: Scotland Island 2105 -> Sydney -> New South Wales