Nangus Demographics (NSW) Local Stats

Nangus (2722) is a suburb of Regional NSW, Murray & Riverina, New South Wales. It is about 330 kms from NSW's capital city of Sydney. Nangus is in the federal electorate of Riverina.

In the 2011 census the population of Nangus was 410 and is comprised of approximately 47.3% females and 52.7% males.

The median/average age of the population of Nangus is 40 years of age.

92.2% of people living in the suburb of Nangus were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were 1.2% England.

95.9% of people living in Nangus speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 4.1% Language spoken at home not stated.

The religious makeup of Nangus is 47.0% Anglican, 29.4% Catholic, 10.5% No religion, 5.1% Religious affiliation not stated, 4.6% Presbyterian and Reformed, 1.9% Uniting Church, 1.5% Baptist.

56.0% of people are married, 29.1% have never married and 9.7% are divorced and 2.3% are separated. There are 9 widowed people living in Nangus.

62.5% of the people living in Nangus over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 32.5% are working on a part time basis. Nangus has an unemployment rate of 2.0%.

The main occupations of people living in Nangus are 29.9% Managers, 15.5% Labourers, 15.5% Technicians & trades workers, 9.3% Machinery operators & drivers, 8.8% Professionals, 7.2% Community & personal service workers, 5.7% Sales workers, 5.2% Clerical & administrative workers, 3.1% Occupation inadequately described/ Not stated.

The main industries people from Nangus work in are 33.5% Agriculture, forestry and fishing, 10.5% Accommodation and food services, 10.5% Health care and social assistance, 7.9% Transport, postal and warehousing, 6.8% Retail trade, 6.8% Manufacturing, 6.8% Construction, 5.2% Education and training, 4.2% Public administration and safety.

41.5% of homes are fully owned, and 37.0% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 15.6% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $398 per week and the median household income is $934 per week.

The median rent in Nangus is $100 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $1300 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for Nangus postcode 2722

  • Qpzm LocalStats New South Wales Suburb of the Day: Lowesdale 2646 -> Regional NSW -> New South Wales