Mirrool Demographics (NSW) Local Stats

Mirrool (2665) is a suburb of Regional NSW, Murray & Riverina, New South Wales. It is about 382 kms from NSW's capital city of Sydney. Mirrool is in the federal electorate of Riverina.

In the 2011 census the population of Mirrool was 234 and is comprised of approximately 47.9% females and 52.1% males.

The median/average age of the population of Mirrool is 39 years of age.

96.5% of people living in the suburb of Mirrool were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were 1.7% England.

97.4% of people living in Mirrool speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 2.6% Language spoken at home not stated.

The religious makeup of Mirrool is 30.3% Catholic, 29.9% Anglican, 10.3% Presbyterian and Reformed, 7.3% Uniting Church, 6.8% Christian, nfd, 3.8% No religion, 3.4% Pentecostal, 3.0% Baptist, 2.6% Salvation Army, 2.6% Religious affiliation not stated.

56.7% of people are married, 22.2% have never married and 8.3% are divorced and 1.7% are separated. There are 20 widowed people living in Mirrool.

67.7% of the people living in Mirrool over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 23.3% are working on a part time basis. Mirrool has an unemployment rate of 2.3%.

The main occupations of people living in Mirrool are 50.8% Managers, 12.3% Clerical & administrative workers, 12.3% Technicians & trades workers, 8.5% Professionals, 6.9% Sales workers, 6.9% Labourers, 2.3% Machinery operators & drivers.

The main industries people from Mirrool work in are 57.0% Agriculture, forestry and fishing, 9.4% Health care and social assistance, 7.8% Education and training, 4.7% Accommodation and food services, 4.7% Retail trade, 3.1% Professional, scientific and technical services, 3.1% Construction, 3.1% Mining, 2.3% Public administration and safety.

59.1% of homes are fully owned, and 23.9% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 10.2% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $434 per week and the median household income is $909 per week.

The median rent in Mirrool is $0 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $563 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for Mirrool postcode 2665

  • Qpzm LocalStats New South Wales Suburb of the Day: Sunshine 2264 -> Hunter Valley -> New South Wales