Beckom Demographics (NSW) Local Stats

Beckom (2665) is a suburb of Regional NSW, Murray & Riverina, New South Wales. It is about 394 kms from NSW's capital city of Sydney. Beckom is in the federal electorate of Riverina.

In the 2011 census the population of Beckom was 218 and is comprised of approximately 47.7% females and 52.3% males.

The median/average age of the population of Beckom is 48 years of age.

90.7% of people living in the suburb of Beckom were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth wer.

92.6% of people living in Beckom speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 7.4% Language spoken at home not stated.

The religious makeup of Beckom is 31.7% Catholic, 24.3% Anglican, 14.2% Uniting Church, 9.2% Religious affiliation not stated, 7.8% No religion, 7.3% Presbyterian and Reformed, 1.4% Baptist, 1.4% Lutheran, 1.4% Pentecostal, 1.4% Christian, nfd.

66.7% of people are married, 22.8% have never married and 5.3% are divorced and 0.0% are separated. There are 9 widowed people living in Beckom.

67.9% of the people living in Beckom over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 24.1% are working on a part time basis. Beckom has an unemployment rate of 0.0%.

The main occupations of people living in Beckom are 60.6% Managers, 11.0% Technicians & trades workers, 9.2% Professionals, 5.5% Sales workers, 5.5% Clerical & administrative workers, 5.5% Labourers, 2.8% Community & personal service workers.

The main industries people from Beckom work in are 58.7% Agriculture, forestry and fishing, 16.5% Education and training, 5.5% Retail trade, 2.8% Professional, scientific and technical services, 2.8% Accommodation and food services, 2.8% Financial and insurance services, 2.8% Manufacturing, 2.8% Inadequately described/Not stated, 2.8% Other services.

57.1% of homes are fully owned, and 23.4% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 15.6% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $480 per week and the median household income is $1208 per week.

The median rent in Beckom is $25 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $1029 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for Beckom postcode 2665

  • Qpzm LocalStats New South Wales Suburb of the Day: Buxton 2571 -> Sydney -> New South Wales