Blighty Demographics (NSW) Local Stats

Blighty (2713) is a suburb of Regional NSW, Far South West, New South Wales. It is about 574 kms from NSW's capital city of Sydney. Blighty is in the federal electorate of Farrer.

In the 2011 census the population of Blighty was 396 and is comprised of approximately 49.2% females and 50.8% males.

The median/average age of the population of Blighty is 36 years of age.

96.5% of people living in the suburb of Blighty were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were 1.0% New Zealand, 1.0% England.

99.2% of people living in Blighty speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 0.8% Language spoken at home not stated.

The religious makeup of Blighty is 19.4% Anglican, 18.7% No religion, 15.9% Catholic, 14.6% Uniting Church, 10.6% Presbyterian and Reformed, 6.6% Christian, nfd, 4.0% Baptist, 3.8% Religious affiliation not stated, 3.0% Lutheran, 1.5% Pentecostal.

61.4% of people are married, 27.0% have never married and 6.5% are divorced and 1.0% are separated. There are 12 widowed people living in Blighty.

66.8% of the people living in Blighty over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 23.2% are working on a part time basis. Blighty has an unemployment rate of 0.0%.

The main occupations of people living in Blighty are 50.7% Managers, 15.6% Labourers, 13.3% Professionals, 5.7% Community & personal service workers, 4.7% Clerical & administrative workers, 4.3% Machinery operators & drivers, 4.3% Technicians & trades workers, 1.4% Occupation inadequately described/ Not stated.

The main industries people from Blighty work in are 66.4% Agriculture, forestry and fishing, 5.7% Education and training, 4.3% Health care and social assistance, 4.3% Wholesale trade, 3.8% Professional, scientific and technical services, 2.8% Accommodation and food services, 2.8% Other services, 1.4% Public administration and safety, 1.4% Manufacturing.

34.1% of homes are fully owned, and 34.1% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 27.5% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $452 per week and the median household income is $972 per week.

The median rent in Blighty is $0 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $845 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for Blighty postcode 2713

  • Qpzm LocalStats New South Wales Suburb of the Day: Caniaba 2480 -> North Coast -> New South Wales