Gulargambone Demographics (NSW) Local Stats

Gulargambone (2828) is a suburb of Regional NSW, Central West Slopes, New South Wales. It is about 381 kms from NSW's capital city of Sydney. Gulargambone is in the federal electorate of Parkes.

In the 2011 census the population of Gulargambone was 582 and is comprised of approximately 50.0% females and 50.0% males.

The median/average age of the population of Gulargambone is 44 years of age.

94.1% of people living in the suburb of Gulargambone were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were 1.7% England.

96.0% of people living in Gulargambone speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 4.0% Language spoken at home not stated.

The religious makeup of Gulargambone is 35.3% Anglican, 18.6% Catholic, 13.8% No religion, 13.4% Presbyterian and Reformed, 11.9% Religious affiliation not stated, 3.6% Uniting Church, 1.7% Christian, nfd, 0.9% Baptist, 0.7% Salvation Army.

44.0% of people are married, 37.3% have never married and 6.7% are divorced and 4.1% are separated. There are 36 widowed people living in Gulargambone.

56.7% of the people living in Gulargambone over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 28.6% are working on a part time basis. Gulargambone has an unemployment rate of 9.0%.

The main occupations of people living in Gulargambone are 41.1% Managers, 15.8% Labourers, 12.6% Community & personal service workers, 6.8% Machinery operators & drivers, 6.3% Professionals, 5.3% Occupation inadequately described/ Not stated, 5.3% Technicians & trades workers, 3.7% Sales workers, 3.2% Clerical & administrative workers.

The main industries people from Gulargambone work in are 46.3% Agriculture, forestry and fishing, 12.1% Health care and social assistance, 8.9% Education and training, 8.4% Accommodation and food services, 5.3% Public administration and safety, 5.3% Inadequately described/Not stated, 4.7% Retail trade, 3.2% Transport, postal and warehousing, 2.6% Construction.

45.7% of homes are fully owned, and 10.3% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 40.6% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $367 per week and the median household income is $653 per week.

The median rent in Gulargambone is $125 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $899 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for Gulargambone postcode 2828

  • Qpzm LocalStats New South Wales Suburb of the Day: Parkes 2870 -> Regional NSW -> New South Wales