Clarence Demographics (NSW) Local Stats

Clarence (2790) is a suburb of Regional NSW, Central Tablelands, New South Wales. It is about 101 kms from NSW's capital city of Sydney. Clarence is in the federal electorate of Calare.

In the 2011 census the population of Clarence was 224 and is comprised of approximately 48.7% females and 51.3% males.

The median/average age of the population of Clarence is 46 years of age.

79.9% of people living in the suburb of Clarence were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were 5.4% England, 1.8% Germany, 1.3% New Zealand, 1.3% Scotland.

89.7% of people living in Clarence speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 10.3% Language spoken at home not stated.

The religious makeup of Clarence is 23.3% Anglican, 21.5% Catholic, 18.4% Religious affiliation not stated, 18.4% No religion, 5.4% Uniting Church, 4.0% Presbyterian and Reformed, 2.7% Salvation Army, 1.8% Seventh-day Adventist, 1.8% Baptist, 1.3% Jehovah's Witnesses.

53.4% of people are married, 31.4% have never married and 12.0% are divorced and 0.0% are separated. There are 6 widowed people living in Clarence.

63.9% of the people living in Clarence over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 30.6% are working on a part time basis. Clarence has an unemployment rate of 2.8%.

The main occupations of people living in Clarence are 21.3% Technicians & trades workers, 17.6% Clerical & administrative workers, 16.7% Professionals, 13.9% Community & personal service workers, 9.3% Machinery operators & drivers, 8.3% Sales workers, 7.4% Managers, 5.6% Labourers.

The main industries people from Clarence work in are 14.8% Public administration and safety, 11.1% Education and training, 11.1% Health care and social assistance, 8.3% Manufacturing, 8.3% Electricity, gas, water and waste services, 8.3% Transport, postal and warehousing, 7.4% Accommodation and food services, 7.4% Retail trade, 6.5% Inadequately described/Not stated.

52.4% of homes are fully owned, and 40.2% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 7.3% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $522 per week and the median household income is $1312 per week.

The median rent in Clarence is $150 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $2000 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for Clarence postcode 2790

  • Qpzm LocalStats New South Wales Suburb of the Day: Dee Why 2099 -> Sydney -> New South Wales