Tucabia Demographics (NSW) Local Stats

Tucabia (2462) is a suburb of North Coast, Northern Rivers, New South Wales. It is about 500 kms from NSW's capital city of Sydney. Tucabia is in the federal electorate of Cowper.

In the 2011 census the population of Tucabia was 287 and is comprised of approximately 52.6% females and 47.4% males.

The median/average age of the population of Tucabia is 45 years of age.

84.8% of people living in the suburb of Tucabia were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were 4.5% England.

91.3% of people living in Tucabia speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 8.7% Language spoken at home not stated.

The religious makeup of Tucabia is 39.4% Anglican, 17.8% Catholic, 13.9% Religious affiliation not stated, 12.2% No religion, 6.3% Presbyterian and Reformed, 4.9% Uniting Church, 2.4% Baptist, 2.1% Christian, nfd, 1.0% Other Protestant.

38.6% of people are married, 35.2% have never married and 16.1% are divorced and 6.4% are separated. There are 9 widowed people living in Tucabia.

50.0% of the people living in Tucabia over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 33.0% are working on a part time basis. Tucabia has an unemployment rate of 8.5%.

The main occupations of people living in Tucabia are 22.1% Technicians & trades workers, 18.9% Community & personal service workers, 14.7% Labourers, 13.7% Machinery operators & drivers, 13.7% Sales workers, 7.4% Clerical & administrative workers, 5.3% Managers, 4.2% Professionals.

The main industries people from Tucabia work in are 18.3% Retail trade, 9.7% Agriculture, forestry and fishing, 9.7% Health care and social assistance, 8.6% Public administration and safety, 7.5% Inadequately described/Not stated, 6.5% Accommodation and food services, 6.5% Manufacturing, 6.5% Education and training, 5.4% Construction.

43.9% of homes are fully owned, and 42.9% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 13.3% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $361 per week and the median household income is $716 per week.

The median rent in Tucabia is $150 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $1192 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for Tucabia postcode 2462

  • Qpzm LocalStats New South Wales Suburb of the Day: Weston 2326 -> Hunter Valley -> New South Wales