Calliope Demographics (NSW) Local Stats

Calliope (2462) is a suburb of North Coast, Northern Rivers, New South Wales. It is about 504 kms from NSW's capital city of Sydney. Calliope is in the federal electorate of Cowper.

In the 2011 census the population of Calliope was 407 and is comprised of approximately 50.6% females and 49.4% males.

The median/average age of the population of Calliope is 42 years of age.

95.6% of people living in the suburb of Calliope were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were 1.2% England, 1.0% Germany.

98.5% of people living in Calliope speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 1.5% Language spoken at home not stated.

The religious makeup of Calliope is 25.3% Anglican, 25.1% Catholic, 12.5% No religion, 11.8% Presbyterian and Reformed, 7.9% Baptist, 6.4% Religious affiliation not stated, 4.4% Uniting Church, 1.5% Christian, nfd, 1.5% Other religious affiliation , 1.0% Jehovah's Witnesses.

49.2% of people are married, 29.5% have never married and 10.0% are divorced and 6.4% are separated. There are 16 widowed people living in Calliope.

47.6% of the people living in Calliope over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 34.0% are working on a part time basis. Calliope has an unemployment rate of 8.9%.

The main occupations of people living in Calliope are 24.1% Managers, 14.4% Community & personal service workers, 11.5% Labourers, 10.9% Technicians & trades workers, 9.8% Sales workers, 9.2% Machinery operators & drivers, 8.0% Professionals, 7.5% Occupation inadequately described/ Not stated, 4.6% Clerical & administrative workers.

The main industries people from Calliope work in are 19.8% Agriculture, forestry and fishing, 12.4% Retail trade, 8.5% Health care and social assistance, 7.3% Public administration and safety, 7.3% Accommodation and food services, 6.8% Construction, 5.6% Manufacturing, 5.1% Education and training, 3.4% Professional, scientific and technical services.

41.3% of homes are fully owned, and 24.5% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 29.0% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $371 per week and the median household income is $749 per week.

The median rent in Calliope is $140 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $1476 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for Calliope postcode 2462

  • Qpzm LocalStats New South Wales Suburb of the Day: Berkshire Park 2765 -> Sydney -> New South Wales