Shannon Brook Demographics (NSW) Local Stats

Shannon Brook (2470) is a suburb of North Coast, Northern Rivers, New South Wales. It is about 577 kms from NSW's capital city of Sydney. Shannon Brook is in the federal electorate of Page.

In the 2011 census the population of Shannon Brook was 245 and is comprised of approximately 51.8% females and 48.2% males.

The median/average age of the population of Shannon Brook is 44 years of age.

92.7% of people living in the suburb of Shannon Brook were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were 1.6% New Zealand, 1.6% Philippines.

98.8% of people living in Shannon Brook speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 1.2% Language spoken at home not stated.

The religious makeup of Shannon Brook is 36.3% Anglican, 22.0% Catholic, 15.1% No religion, 9.0% Presbyterian and Reformed, 6.1% Uniting Church, 4.9% Christian, nfd, 3.7% Religious affiliation not stated, 1.6% Pentecostal, 1.2% Other religious affiliation .

59.5% of people are married, 25.1% have never married and 7.7% are divorced and 1.5% are separated. There are 12 widowed people living in Shannon Brook.

59.6% of the people living in Shannon Brook over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 26.6% are working on a part time basis. Shannon Brook has an unemployment rate of 0.0%.

The main occupations of people living in Shannon Brook are 32.1% Managers, 18.9% Labourers, 13.2% Professionals, 9.4% Clerical & administrative workers, 8.5% Machinery operators & drivers, 8.5% Technicians & trades workers, 5.7% Occupation inadequately described/ Not stated, 3.8% Community & personal service workers.

The main industries people from Shannon Brook work in are 22.2% Agriculture, forestry and fishing, 10.2% Manufacturing, 10.2% Health care and social assistance, 8.3% Professional, scientific and technical services, 8.3% Education and training, 7.4% Inadequately described/Not stated, 6.5% Retail trade, 5.6% Accommodation and food services, 5.6% Public administration and safety.

39.1% of homes are fully owned, and 35.9% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 18.5% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $465 per week and the median household income is $822 per week.

The median rent in Shannon Brook is $260 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $1083 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for Shannon Brook postcode 2470

  • Qpzm LocalStats New South Wales Suburb of the Day: Drildool 2386 -> Regional NSW -> New South Wales