Taree South Demographics (NSW) Local Stats

Taree South (2430) is a suburb of North Coast, Mid North Coast, New South Wales. It is about 246 kms from NSW's capital city of Sydney. Taree South is in the federal electorate of Lyne.

In the 2011 census the population of Taree South was 295 and is comprised of approximately 47.1% females and 52.9% males.

The median/average age of the population of Taree South is 46 years of age.

84.1% of people living in the suburb of Taree South were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were 6.8% England, 2.4% Netherlands, 2.0% New Zealand.

98.6% of people living in Taree South speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 1.4% Language spoken at home not stated.

The religious makeup of Taree South is 40.5% Anglican, 19.0% No religion, 18.7% Catholic, 4.1% Uniting Church, 3.4% Presbyterian and Reformed, 2.7% Religious affiliation not stated, 2.4% Christian, nfd, 2.4% Baptist, 1.7% Seventh-day Adventist, 1.4% Churches of Christ.

58.8% of people are married, 23.9% have never married and 10.3% are divorced and 3.7% are separated. There are 8 widowed people living in Taree South.

39.5% of the people living in Taree South over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 37.7% are working on a part time basis. Taree South has an unemployment rate of 14.9%.

The main occupations of people living in Taree South are 18.2% Labourers, 15.2% Managers, 15.2% Community & personal service workers, 13.1% Professionals, 13.1% Sales workers, 7.1% Technicians & trades workers, 6.1% Machinery operators & drivers, 6.1% Clerical & administrative workers, 6.1% Occupation inadequately described/ Not stated.

The main industries people from Taree South work in are 21.4% Health care and social assistance, 15.3% Retail trade, 11.2% Manufacturing, 9.2% Construction, 8.2% Public administration and safety, 6.1% Inadequately described/Not stated, 6.1% Education and training, 4.1% Wholesale trade, 3.1% Agriculture, forestry and fishing.

53.9% of homes are fully owned, and 20.9% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 20.0% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $344 per week and the median household income is $685 per week.

The median rent in Taree South is $140 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $1517 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for Taree South postcode 2430

  • Qpzm LocalStats New South Wales Suburb of the Day: Urana 2645 -> Regional NSW -> New South Wales