Hillville Demographics (NSW) Local Stats

Hillville (2430) is a suburb of North Coast, Mid North Coast, New South Wales. It is about 238 kms from NSW's capital city of Sydney. Hillville is in the federal electorate of Lyne.

In the 2011 census the population of Hillville was 279 and is comprised of approximately 54.1% females and 45.9% males.

The median/average age of the population of Hillville is 48 years of age.

83.5% of people living in the suburb of Hillville were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were 5.7% England, 2.2% New Zealand, 1.8% Netherlands, 1.8% Scotland.

97.8% of people living in Hillville speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 2.2% Language spoken at home not stated.

The religious makeup of Hillville is 37.6% Anglican, 18.3% No religion, 14.3% Catholic, 8.2% Uniting Church, 5.7% Presbyterian and Reformed, 5.0% Religious affiliation not stated, 4.3% Christian, nfd, 1.4% Seventh-day Adventist, 1.4% Buddhism, 1.4% Other religious affiliation .

62.2% of people are married, 18.0% have never married and 6.9% are divorced and 5.5% are separated. There are 16 widowed people living in Hillville.

50.5% of the people living in Hillville over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 41.0% are working on a part time basis. Hillville has an unemployment rate of 8.6%.

The main occupations of people living in Hillville are 22.1% Professionals, 17.9% Technicians & trades workers, 16.8% Labourers, 14.7% Managers, 10.5% Community & personal service workers, 8.4% Machinery operators & drivers, 5.3% Sales workers, 4.2% Clerical & administrative workers.

The main industries people from Hillville work in are 18.4% Health care and social assistance, 11.7% Accommodation and food services, 8.7% Retail trade, 8.7% Manufacturing, 8.7% Construction, 8.7% Education and training, 5.8% Agriculture, forestry and fishing, 5.8% Wholesale trade, 2.9% Professional, scientific and technical services.

52.5% of homes are fully owned, and 33.3% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 11.1% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $415 per week and the median household income is $1104 per week.

The median rent in Hillville is $100 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $1733 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for Hillville postcode 2430

  • Qpzm LocalStats New South Wales Suburb of the Day: Queanbeyan West 2620 -> Regional NSW -> New South Wales