Johns River Demographics (NSW) Local Stats

Johns River (2443) is a suburb of North Coast, Mid North Coast, New South Wales. It is about 275 kms from NSW's capital city of Sydney. Johns River is in the federal electorate of Lyne.

In the 2011 census the population of Johns River was 347 and is comprised of approximately 52.2% females and 47.8% males.

The median/average age of the population of Johns River is 41 years of age.

75.8% of people living in the suburb of Johns River were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were 4.3% England, 1.4% New Zealand, 1.4% Scotland, 1.4% Switzerland, 1.2% Netherlands, 1.2% United States of America.

87.2% of people living in Johns River speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 12.8% Language spoken at home not stated.

The religious makeup of Johns River is 27.8% Anglican, 19.4% No religion, 16.5% Religious affiliation not stated, 13.3% Catholic, 7.0% Jehovah's Witnesses, 4.6% Uniting Church, 3.8% Christian, nfd, 2.0% Presbyterian and Reformed, 2.0% Pentecostal, 1.7% Salvation Army.

47.4% of people are married, 28.1% have never married and 13.0% are divorced and 4.3% are separated. There are 18 widowed people living in Johns River.

45.1% of the people living in Johns River over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 36.6% are working on a part time basis. Johns River has an unemployment rate of 14.1%.

The main occupations of people living in Johns River are 17.1% Managers, 17.1% Technicians & trades workers, 16.3% Professionals, 14.6% Clerical & administrative workers, 12.2% Labourers, 9.8% Community & personal service workers, 7.3% Machinery operators & drivers, 5.7% Sales workers.

The main industries people from Johns River work in are 16.1% Health care and social assistance, 12.1% Agriculture, forestry and fishing, 9.7% Manufacturing, 9.7% Accommodation and food services, 9.7% Construction, 8.9% Administrative and support services, 7.3% Retail trade, 7.3% Education and training, 4.8% Other services.

38.4% of homes are fully owned, and 38.4% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 20.8% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $408 per week and the median household income is $790 per week.

The median rent in Johns River is $285 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $1000 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for Johns River postcode 2443

  • Qpzm LocalStats New South Wales Suburb of the Day: Gillieston Heights 2321 -> Hunter Valley -> New South Wales