Corndale Demographics (NSW) Local Stats

Corndale (2480) is a suburb of North Coast, Mid North Coast, New South Wales. It is about 611 kms from NSW's capital city of Sydney. Corndale is in the federal electorate of Richmond.

In the 2011 census the population of Corndale was 350 and is comprised of approximately 50.6% females and 49.4% males.

The median/average age of the population of Corndale is 43 years of age.

84.1% of people living in the suburb of Corndale were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were 3.4% England, 2.3% New Zealand, 1.1% Canada, 1.1% Wales, 1.1% Italy, 1.1% Papua New Guinea, 0.9% United States of America.

94.9% of people living in Corndale speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 5.1% Language spoken at home not stated.

The religious makeup of Corndale is 36.9% No religion, 19.3% Catholic, 14.8% Anglican, 9.4% Presbyterian and Reformed, 8.5% Religious affiliation not stated, 2.3% Seventh-day Adventist, 2.0% Christian, nfd, 1.7% Buddhism, 1.7% Other religious affiliation , 1.7% Uniting Church.

57.8% of people are married, 29.6% have never married and 6.9% are divorced and 4.3% are separated. There are 4 widowed people living in Corndale.

56.4% of the people living in Corndale over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 30.2% are working on a part time basis. Corndale has an unemployment rate of 6.7%.

The main occupations of people living in Corndale are 24.4% Professionals, 24.4% Managers, 13.7% Clerical & administrative workers, 12.5% Technicians & trades workers, 8.3% Machinery operators & drivers, 7.7% Community & personal service workers, 3.6% Sales workers, 3.6% Labourers, 1.8% Occupation inadequately described/ Not stated.

The main industries people from Corndale work in are 16.8% Agriculture, forestry and fishing, 15.6% Health care and social assistance, 9.6% Construction, 9.0% Retail trade, 8.4% Public administration and safety, 7.8% Education and training, 6.0% Professional, scientific and technical services, 5.4% Manufacturing, 5.4% Accommodation and food services.

33.3% of homes are fully owned, and 47.5% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 16.7% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $513 per week and the median household income is $1281 per week.

The median rent in Corndale is $340 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $1250 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for Corndale postcode 2480

  • Qpzm LocalStats New South Wales Suburb of the Day: Aberfoyle 2350 -> Regional NSW -> New South Wales