Glen William Demographics (NSW) Local Stats

Glen William (2321) is a suburb of Hunter Valley, Upper Hunter Valley, New South Wales. It is about 159 kms from NSW's capital city of Sydney. Glen William is in the federal electorate of Paterson.

In the 2011 census the population of Glen William was 233 and is comprised of approximately 48.9% females and 51.1% males.

The median/average age of the population of Glen William is 49 years of age.

88.7% of people living in the suburb of Glen William were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were 3.0% England, 1.7% New Zealand, 1.7% Germany.

96.5% of people living in Glen William speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 3.5% Language spoken at home not stated.

The religious makeup of Glen William is 40.6% Anglican, 22.6% No religion, 11.1% Catholic, 9.0% Religious affiliation not stated, 6.8% Uniting Church, 3.4% Presbyterian and Reformed, 1.3% Christian, nfd, 1.3% Hinduism, 1.3% Baptist, 1.3% Lutheran.

57.4% of people are married, 29.4% have never married and 8.8% are divorced and 4.4% are separated. There are 0 widowed people living in Glen William.

61.0% of the people living in Glen William over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 31.7% are working on a part time basis. Glen William has an unemployment rate of 2.4%.

The main occupations of people living in Glen William are 19.5% Technicians & trades workers, 18.6% Managers, 17.8% Professionals, 11.9% Clerical & administrative workers, 10.2% Sales workers, 10.2% Community & personal service workers, 8.5% Machinery operators & drivers, 3.4% Labourers.

The main industries people from Glen William work in are 12.3% Manufacturing, 11.5% Health care and social assistance, 10.7% Construction, 9.8% Agriculture, forestry and fishing, 9.8% Retail trade, 9.8% Education and training, 9.8% Wholesale trade, 4.9% Public administration and safety, 3.3% Other services.

51.7% of homes are fully owned, and 29.2% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 19.1% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $519 per week and the median household income is $1337 per week.

The median rent in Glen William is $0 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $1300 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for Glen William postcode 2321

  • Qpzm LocalStats New South Wales Suburb of the Day: Oakhurst 2761 -> Sydney -> New South Wales