Hinton Demographics (NSW) Local Stats

Hinton (2321) is a suburb of Hunter Valley, Lower Hunter Valley, New South Wales. It is about 134 kms from NSW's capital city of Sydney. Hinton is in the federal electorate of Paterson.

In the 2011 census the population of Hinton was 313 and is comprised of approximately 51.8% females and 48.2% males.

The median/average age of the population of Hinton is 42 years of age.

87.1% of people living in the suburb of Hinton were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were 1.6% England, 1.3% Malaysia, 1.0% Scotland.

94.2% of people living in Hinton speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 5.8% Language spoken at home not stated.

The religious makeup of Hinton is 35.6% Catholic, 32.7% Anglican, 13.8% No religion, 7.4% Religious affiliation not stated, 3.2% Baptist, 2.9% Presbyterian and Reformed, 2.6% Uniting Church, 1.0% Seventh-day Adventist, 1.0% Other Religious Groups.

59.8% of people are married, 27.9% have never married and 7.4% are divorced and 1.2% are separated. There are 9 widowed people living in Hinton.

53.7% of the people living in Hinton over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 37.2% are working on a part time basis. Hinton has an unemployment rate of 7.3%.

The main occupations of people living in Hinton are 18.7% Technicians & trades workers, 15.5% Clerical & administrative workers, 14.8% Professionals, 13.5% Sales workers, 11.6% Community & personal service workers, 9.7% Labourers, 8.4% Machinery operators & drivers, 7.7% Managers.

The main industries people from Hinton work in are 18.5% Health care and social assistance, 11.9% Retail trade, 11.9% Construction, 9.9% Manufacturing, 9.3% Public administration and safety, 8.6% Accommodation and food services, 8.6% Education and training, 4.0% Agriculture, forestry and fishing, 4.0% Other services.

33.7% of homes are fully owned, and 44.9% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 13.3% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $570 per week and the median household income is $1588 per week.

The median rent in Hinton is $225 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $1517 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for Hinton postcode 2321

  • Qpzm LocalStats New South Wales Suburb of the Day: Goolgowi 2652 -> Regional NSW -> New South Wales