Elrington Demographics (NSW) Local Stats

Elrington (2325) is a suburb of Hunter Valley, Lower Hunter Valley, New South Wales. It is about 113 kms from NSW's capital city of Sydney. Elrington is in the federal electorate of Hunter.

In the 2011 census the population of Elrington was 275 and is comprised of approximately 52.0% females and 48.0% males.

The median/average age of the population of Elrington is 43 years of age.

88.0% of people living in the suburb of Elrington were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were 2.5% England, 1.4% Scotland.

94.2% of people living in Elrington speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 5.8% Language spoken at home not stated.

The religious makeup of Elrington is 40.9% Anglican, 18.2% No religion, 13.1% Uniting Church, 10.2% Religious affiliation not stated, 7.3% Catholic, 4.7% Presbyterian and Reformed, 2.6% Pentecostal, 1.8% Other Christian, 1.1% Buddhism.

55.6% of people are married, 30.5% have never married and 6.3% are divorced and 4.0% are separated. There are 8 widowed people living in Elrington.

54.2% of the people living in Elrington over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 35.4% are working on a part time basis. Elrington has an unemployment rate of 2.1%.

The main occupations of people living in Elrington are 17.7% Technicians & trades workers, 14.9% Professionals, 14.2% Machinery operators & drivers, 13.5% Sales workers, 12.8% Managers, 12.8% Clerical & administrative workers, 6.4% Labourers, 5.7% Community & personal service workers, 2.1% Occupation inadequately described/ Not stated.

The main industries people from Elrington work in are 17.0% Manufacturing, 10.6% Retail trade, 9.2% Construction, 7.8% Health care and social assistance, 7.1% Accommodation and food services, 6.4% Education and training, 5.7% Transport, postal and warehousing, 5.7% Agriculture, forestry and fishing, 4.3% Public administration and safety.

52.9% of homes are fully owned, and 40.0% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 7.1% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $585 per week and the median household income is $1676 per week.

The median rent in Elrington is $220 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $2000 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for Elrington postcode 2325

  • Qpzm LocalStats New South Wales Suburb of the Day: Drildool 2386 -> Regional NSW -> New South Wales