Congewai Demographics (NSW) Local Stats

Congewai (2325) is a suburb of Hunter Valley, Lower Hunter Valley, New South Wales. It is about 97 kms from NSW's capital city of Sydney. Congewai is in the federal electorate of Hunter.

In the 2011 census the population of Congewai was 254 and is comprised of approximately 51.2% females and 48.8% males.

The median/average age of the population of Congewai is 50 years of age.

77.8% of people living in the suburb of Congewai were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were 6.3% England, 3.2% Wales.

87.7% of people living in Congewai speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 12.3% Language spoken at home not stated.

The religious makeup of Congewai is 35.7% Anglican, 23.4% No religion, 13.9% Catholic, 13.1% Religious affiliation not stated, 4.8% Presbyterian and Reformed, 4.0% Uniting Church, 2.4% Christian, nfd, 1.6% Eastern Orthodox, 1.2% Salvation Army.

57.2% of people are married, 19.1% have never married and 14.0% are divorced and 4.7% are separated. There are 11 widowed people living in Congewai.

53.3% of the people living in Congewai over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 32.7% are working on a part time basis. Congewai has an unemployment rate of 6.5%.

The main occupations of people living in Congewai are 30.1% Managers, 17.5% Professionals, 14.6% Clerical & administrative workers, 12.6% Technicians & trades workers, 8.7% Community & personal service workers, 6.8% Machinery operators & drivers, 6.8% Labourers, 2.9% Sales workers.

The main industries people from Congewai work in are 20.0% Agriculture, forestry and fishing, 12.4% Manufacturing, 12.4% Health care and social assistance, 9.5% Mining, 8.6% Accommodation and food services, 7.6% Education and training, 5.7% Professional, scientific and technical services, 5.7% Retail trade, 5.7% Financial and insurance services.

52.6% of homes are fully owned, and 33.7% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 10.5% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $493 per week and the median household income is $941 per week.

The median rent in Congewai is $200 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $1100 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for Congewai postcode 2325

  • Qpzm LocalStats New South Wales Suburb of the Day: Carcoar 2791 -> Regional NSW -> New South Wales