East Rockingham Demographics (WA) Local Stats

East Rockingham (6168) is a suburb of South Western, Heartlands, Western Australia. It is about 35 kms from WA's capital city of Perth. East Rockingham is in the federal electorate of Brand.

In the 2011 census the population of East Rockingham was 113 and is comprised of approximately 43.4% females and 56.6% males.

The median/average age of the population of East Rockingham is 60 years of age.

52.6% of people living in the suburb of East Rockingham were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were 25.4% England, 3.5% Northern Ireland, 3.5% Netherlands, 3.5% Scotland, 2.6% New Zealand, 2.6% Germany.

93.0% of people living in East Rockingham speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 7.0% Language spoken at home not stated.

The religious makeup of East Rockingham is 39.3% Anglican, 14.3% No religion, 13.4% Religious affiliation not stated, 13.4% Catholic, 6.2% Uniting Church, 5.4% Presbyterian and Reformed, 2.7% Baptist, 2.7% Churches of Christ, 2.7% Christian, nfd.

32.7% of people are married, 17.8% have never married and 30.8% are divorced and 8.4% are separated. There are 11 widowed people living in East Rockingham.

78.1% of the people living in East Rockingham over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 21.9% are working on a part time basis. East Rockingham has an unemployment rate of 0.0%.

The main occupations of people living in East Rockingham are 31.0% Machinery operators & drivers, 20.7% Community & personal service workers, 20.7% Technicians & trades workers, 13.8% Sales workers, 13.8% Labourers.

The main industries people from East Rockingham work in are 20.0% Manufacturing, 20.0% Public administration and safety, 13.3% Accommodation and food services, 13.3% Retail trade, 13.3% Transport, postal and warehousing, 10.0% Construction, 10.0% Health care and social assistance.

73.9% of homes are fully owned, and 4.3% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 17.4% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $377 per week and the median household income is $516 per week.

The median rent in East Rockingham is $121 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $1031 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for East Rockingham postcode 6168

  • Qpzm LocalStats Western Australia Suburb of the Day: Geraldton 6530 -> South East & Central -> Western Australia