Grass Valley Demographics (WA) Local Stats

Grass Valley (6403) is a suburb of South East & Central, Mid West, Western Australia. It is about 95 kms from WA's capital city of Perth. Grass Valley is in the federal electorate of Pearce.

In the 2011 census the population of Grass Valley was 197 and is comprised of approximately 48.2% females and 51.8% males.

The median/average age of the population of Grass Valley is 40 years of age.

87.2% of people living in the suburb of Grass Valley were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were 5.6% England, 2.6% New Zealand.

98.5% of people living in Grass Valley speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 1.5% Russian.

The religious makeup of Grass Valley is 29.9% No religion, 26.4% Anglican, 24.4% Catholic, 4.1% Presbyterian and Reformed, 3.6% Christian, nfd, 3.0% Religious affiliation not stated, 3.0% Jehovah's Witnesses, 2.5% Uniting Church, 1.5% Salvation Army, 1.5% Other Protestant.

50.0% of people are married, 31.2% have never married and 6.5% are divorced and 9.7% are separated. There are 4 widowed people living in Grass Valley.

56.9% of the people living in Grass Valley over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 32.1% are working on a part time basis. Grass Valley has an unemployment rate of 2.8%.

The main occupations of people living in Grass Valley are 26.4% Managers, 19.8% Technicians & trades workers, 14.2% Sales workers, 11.3% Professionals, 8.5% Machinery operators & drivers, 8.5% Labourers, 5.7% Clerical & administrative workers, 5.7% Community & personal service workers.

The main industries people from Grass Valley work in are 16.7% Agriculture, forestry and fishing, 16.7% Public administration and safety, 13.9% Retail trade, 11.1% Education and training, 8.3% Transport, postal and warehousing, 5.6% Accommodation and food services, 5.6% Administrative and support services, 5.6% Health care and social assistance, 5.6% Other services.

43.0% of homes are fully owned, and 35.4% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 21.5% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $479 per week and the median household income is $918 per week.

The median rent in Grass Valley is $250 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $800 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for Grass Valley postcode 6403

  • Qpzm LocalStats Western Australia Suburb of the Day: Bunbury 6230 -> South Western -> Western Australia