Burracoppin Demographics (WA) Local Stats

Burracoppin (6421) is a suburb of South East & Central, Mid West, Western Australia. It is about 255 kms from WA's capital city of Perth. Burracoppin is in the federal electorate of Durack.

In the 2011 census the population of Burracoppin was 237 and is comprised of approximately 46.8% females and 53.2% males.

The median/average age of the population of Burracoppin is 39 years of age.

81.9% of people living in the suburb of Burracoppin were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were 5.0% England, 3.4% New Zealand, 2.9% South Africa, 2.1% China , 1.7% Netherlands.

98.7% of people living in Burracoppin speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 1.3% Language spoken at home not stated.

The religious makeup of Burracoppin is 25.7% Anglican, 21.9% Catholic, 18.6% No religion, 11.4% Uniting Church, 7.2% Religious affiliation not stated, 4.6% Seventh-day Adventist, 4.2% Christian, nfd, 2.5% Churches of Christ, 2.1% Presbyterian and Reformed, 1.7% Eastern Orthodox.

64.2% of people are married, 20.1% have never married and 11.7% are divorced and 1.7% are separated. There are 4 widowed people living in Burracoppin.

63.2% of the people living in Burracoppin over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 24.8% are working on a part time basis. Burracoppin has an unemployment rate of 2.4%.

The main occupations of people living in Burracoppin are 37.4% Managers, 17.1% Technicians & trades workers, 10.6% Professionals, 8.1% Clerical & administrative workers, 7.3% Machinery operators & drivers, 7.3% Sales workers, 7.3% Labourers, 4.9% Occupation inadequately described/ Not stated.

The main industries people from Burracoppin work in are 40.0% Agriculture, forestry and fishing, 9.6% Education and training, 7.2% Professional, scientific and technical services, 4.8% Public administration and safety, 4.8% Retail trade, 4.8% Financial and insurance services, 4.8% Manufacturing, 4.8% Construction, 4.8% Other services.

52.3% of homes are fully owned, and 27.3% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 13.6% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $579 per week and the median household income is $991 per week.

The median rent in Burracoppin is $37 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $737 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for Burracoppin postcode 6421

  • Qpzm LocalStats Western Australia Suburb of the Day: Glen Iris 6230 -> South Western -> Western Australia