Beacon Demographics (WA) Local Stats

Beacon (6472) is a suburb of South East & Central, Mid West, Western Australia. It is about 254 kms from WA's capital city of Perth. Beacon is in the federal electorate of Durack.

In the 2011 census the population of Beacon was 187 and is comprised of approximately 43.3% females and 56.7% males.

The median/average age of the population of Beacon is 40 years of age.

94.1% of people living in the suburb of Beacon were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were 4.3% England.

98.4% of people living in Beacon speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 1.6% Language spoken at home not stated.

The religious makeup of Beacon is 36.6% Anglican, 21.0% Catholic, 15.1% No religion, 11.3% Christian, nfd, 4.3% Uniting Church, 3.8% Presbyterian and Reformed, 3.2% Religious affiliation not stated, 3.2% Other Christian, 1.6% Other religious affiliation .

63.1% of people are married, 25.5% have never married and 9.2% are divorced and 0.0% are separated. There are 3 widowed people living in Beacon.

78.7% of the people living in Beacon over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 21.3% are working on a part time basis. Beacon has an unemployment rate of 0.0%.

The main occupations of people living in Beacon are 63.0% Managers, 13.9% Labourers, 9.3% Clerical & administrative workers, 5.6% Professionals, 5.6% Technicians & trades workers, 2.8% Machinery operators & drivers.

The main industries people from Beacon work in are 60.7% Agriculture, forestry and fishing, 5.4% Retail trade, 5.4% Construction, 5.4% Health care and social assistance, 4.5% Education and training, 2.7% Accommodation and food services, 2.7% Public administration and safety, 2.7% Financial and insurance services, 2.7% Manufacturing.

44.4% of homes are fully owned, and 19.4% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 25.0% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $589 per week and the median household income is $981 per week.

The median rent in Beacon is $75 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $1525 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for Beacon postcode 6472

  • Qpzm LocalStats Western Australia Suburb of the Day: Dumberning 6312 -> South Western -> Western Australia