North West Cape Demographics (WA) Local Stats

North West Cape (6707) is a suburb of Northern, Gascoyne, Western Australia. It is about 1131 kms from WA's capital city of Perth. North West Cape is in the federal electorate of Durack.

In the 2011 census the population of North West Cape was 183 and is comprised of approximately 43.7% females and 56.3% males.

The median/average age of the population of North West Cape is 49 years of age.

77.8% of people living in the suburb of North West Cape were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were 8.3% England, 2.8% Wales, 2.8% Germany, 2.2% New Zealand.

92.3% of people living in North West Cape speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 7.7% Language spoken at home not stated.

The religious makeup of North West Cape is 28.4% No religion, 26.8% Anglican, 15.3% Catholic, 10.9% Religious affiliation not stated, 6.6% Uniting Church, 5.5% Presbyterian and Reformed, 4.4% Christian, nfd, 2.2% Baptist.

55.1% of people are married, 25.6% have never married and 11.5% are divorced and 5.8% are separated. There are 3 widowed people living in North West Cape.

59.3% of the people living in North West Cape over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 29.6% are working on a part time basis. North West Cape has an unemployment rate of 0.0%.

The main occupations of people living in North West Cape are 24.1% Managers, 24.1% Labourers, 12.7% Technicians & trades workers, 10.1% Clerical & administrative workers, 8.9% Machinery operators & drivers, 8.9% Community & personal service workers, 7.6% Professionals, 3.8% Occupation inadequately described/ Not stated.

The main industries people from North West Cape work in are 21.8% Construction, 17.9% Manufacturing, 15.4% Agriculture, forestry and fishing, 14.1% Accommodation and food services, 7.7% Administrative and support services, 6.4% Public administration and safety, 6.4% Inadequately described/Not stated, 5.1% Education and training, 5.1% Wholesale trade.

60.6% of homes are fully owned, and 16.7% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 18.2% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $552 per week and the median household income is $833 per week.

The median rent in North West Cape is $210 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $1300 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for North West Cape postcode 6707

  • Qpzm LocalStats Western Australia Suburb of the Day: Coolup 6214 -> South Western -> Western Australia