Deep Lead Demographics (VIC) Local Stats

Deep Lead (3385) is a suburb of South Western Victoria, Ballaratt, Victoria. It is about 218 kms from VIC's capital city of Melbourne. Deep Lead is in the federal electorate of Mallee.

In the 2011 census the population of Deep Lead was 321 and is comprised of approximately 47.7% females and 52.3% males.

The median/average age of the population of Deep Lead is 42 years of age.

90.1% of people living in the suburb of Deep Lead were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were 1.9% Netherlands, 1.2% England, 0.9% Scotland.

97.2% of people living in Deep Lead speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 2.8% Language spoken at home not stated.

The religious makeup of Deep Lead is 27.3% No religion, 20.2% Catholic, 16.1% Uniting Church, 14.0% Anglican, 9.6% Religious affiliation not stated, 5.3% Presbyterian and Reformed, 2.2% Seventh-day Adventist, 2.2% Christian, nfd, 2.2% Pentecostal, 0.9% Other religious affiliation .

62.1% of people are married, 22.7% have never married and 7.2% are divorced and 1.9% are separated. There are 16 widowed people living in Deep Lead.

60.9% of the people living in Deep Lead over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 33.5% are working on a part time basis. Deep Lead has an unemployment rate of 0.0%.

The main occupations of people living in Deep Lead are 17.0% Community & personal service workers, 16.4% Professionals, 15.1% Managers, 14.5% Technicians & trades workers, 11.3% Clerical & administrative workers, 10.1% Labourers, 8.2% Sales workers, 7.5% Machinery operators & drivers.

The main industries people from Deep Lead work in are 13.3% Education and training, 13.3% Health care and social assistance, 12.0% Retail trade, 11.4% Manufacturing, 8.9% Public administration and safety, 7.6% Agriculture, forestry and fishing, 7.6% Construction, 7.0% Mining, 5.7% Professional, scientific and technical services.

47.8% of homes are fully owned, and 45.2% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 7.0% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $605 per week and the median household income is $1224 per week.

The median rent in Deep Lead is $130 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $1300 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for Deep Lead postcode 3385

  • Qpzm LocalStats Victoria Suburb of the Day: Jamieson 3723 -> Northern Victoria -> Victoria