Broomfield Demographics (VIC) Local Stats

Broomfield (3364) is a suburb of South Western Victoria, Ballaratt, Victoria. It is about 105 kms from VIC's capital city of Melbourne. Broomfield is in the federal electorate of Ballarat.

In the 2011 census the population of Broomfield was 411 and is comprised of approximately 53.0% females and 47.0% males.

The median/average age of the population of Broomfield is 39 years of age.

88.0% of people living in the suburb of Broomfield were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were 3.9% England, 2.0% United States of America, 1.7% New Zealand.

97.1% of people living in Broomfield speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 2.9% Language spoken at home not stated.

The religious makeup of Broomfield is 35.7% No religion, 26.9% Catholic, 9.5% Anglican, 5.8% Religious affiliation not stated, 4.9% Uniting Church, 3.6% Christian, nfd, 3.6% Presbyterian and Reformed, 2.2% Baptist, 1.9% Buddhism, 1.9% Lutheran.

58.7% of people are married, 24.8% have never married and 9.9% are divorced and 4.0% are separated. There are 8 widowed people living in Broomfield.

59.0% of the people living in Broomfield over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 33.7% are working on a part time basis. Broomfield has an unemployment rate of 2.2%.

The main occupations of people living in Broomfield are 19.9% Professionals, 15.9% Managers, 15.9% Clerical & administrative workers, 15.3% Labourers, 11.9% Technicians & trades workers, 7.4% Machinery operators & drivers, 6.2% Community & personal service workers, 4.0% Sales workers, 3.4% Occupation inadequately described/ Not stated.

The main industries people from Broomfield work in are 14.8% Health care and social assistance, 11.9% Professional, scientific and technical services, 9.7% Manufacturing, 8.5% Retail trade, 8.5% Education and training, 8.5% Transport, postal and warehousing, 8.5% Construction, 6.8% Public administration and safety, 6.8% Agriculture, forestry and fishing.

43.5% of homes are fully owned, and 42.8% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 11.6% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $451 per week and the median household income is $884 per week.

The median rent in Broomfield is $216 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $1263 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for Broomfield postcode 3364

  • Qpzm LocalStats Victoria Suburb of the Day: Yarraville 3013 -> Melbourne -> Victoria