Goon Nure Demographics (VIC) Local Stats

Goon Nure (3875) is a suburb of South Eastern Victoria, Lakes & Wilderness, Victoria. It is about 226 kms from VIC's capital city of Melbourne. Goon Nure is in the federal electorate of Gippsland.

In the 2011 census the population of Goon Nure was 180 and is comprised of approximately 48.3% females and 51.7% males.

The median/average age of the population of Goon Nure is 49 years of age.

86.0% of people living in the suburb of Goon Nure were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were 5.0% England.

91.2% of people living in Goon Nure speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 8.8% Language spoken at home not stated.

The religious makeup of Goon Nure is 28.5% Catholic, 22.3% No religion, 20.1% Anglican, 11.7% Religious affiliation not stated, 5.6% Uniting Church, 3.9% Presbyterian and Reformed, 2.2% Churches of Christ, 2.2% Pentecostal, 1.7% Other religious affiliation , 1.7% Other Protestant.

59.2% of people are married, 30.3% have never married and 6.6% are divorced and 2.0% are separated. There are 3 widowed people living in Goon Nure.

55.9% of the people living in Goon Nure over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 36.0% are working on a part time basis. Goon Nure has an unemployment rate of 2.7%.

The main occupations of people living in Goon Nure are 40.0% Managers, 17.1% Professionals, 12.4% Technicians & trades workers, 9.5% Clerical & administrative workers, 8.6% Community & personal service workers, 5.7% Sales workers, 3.8% Labourers, 2.9% Machinery operators & drivers.

The main industries people from Goon Nure work in are 33.6% Agriculture, forestry and fishing, 14.0% Retail trade, 11.2% Accommodation and food services, 10.3% Health care and social assistance, 8.4% Construction, 5.6% Manufacturing, 5.6% Education and training, 2.8% Professional, scientific and technical services, 2.8% Public administration and safety.

50.0% of homes are fully owned, and 27.3% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 16.7% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $469 per week and the median household income is $1047 per week.

The median rent in Goon Nure is $55 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $1235 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for Goon Nure postcode 3875

  • Qpzm LocalStats Victoria Suburb of the Day: Panton Hill 3759 -> Melbourne -> Victoria