Athlone Demographics (VIC) Local Stats

Athlone (3818) is a suburb of South Eastern Victoria, Gippsland, Victoria. It is about 85 kms from VIC's capital city of Melbourne. Athlone is in the federal electorate of McMillan.

In the 2011 census the population of Athlone was 133 and is comprised of approximately 48.9% females and 51.1% males.

The median/average age of the population of Athlone is 40 years of age.

94.1% of people living in the suburb of Athlone were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were 3.0% New Zealand, 3.0% England.

97.7% of people living in Athlone speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 2.3% Language spoken at home not stated.

The religious makeup of Athlone is 30.3% No religion, 23.5% Catholic, 18.9% Anglican, 12.1% Religious affiliation not stated, 10.6% Uniting Church, 4.5% Baptist.

45.5% of people are married, 37.5% have never married and 8.0% are divorced and 6.2% are separated. There are 3 widowed people living in Athlone.

63.9% of the people living in Athlone over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 27.8% are working on a part time basis. Athlone has an unemployment rate of 4.2%.

The main occupations of people living in Athlone are 46.3% Managers, 14.9% Technicians & trades workers, 13.4% Labourers, 9.0% Sales workers, 9.0% Clerical & administrative workers, 7.5% Professionals.

The main industries people from Athlone work in are 50.0% Agriculture, forestry and fishing, 18.2% Retail trade, 13.6% Wholesale trade, 9.1% Education and training, 4.5% Public administration and safety, 4.5% Health care and social assistance.

26.0% of homes are fully owned, and 54.0% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 20.0% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $414 per week and the median household income is $942 per week.

The median rent in Athlone is $200 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $1690 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for Athlone postcode 3818

  • Qpzm LocalStats Victoria Suburb of the Day: Barnawartha North 3691 -> Northern Victoria -> Victoria