Harston Demographics (VIC) Local Stats

Harston (3616) is a suburb of Northern Victoria, Shepparton & Central North, Victoria. It is about 152 kms from VIC's capital city of Melbourne. Harston is in the federal electorate of Murray.

In the 2011 census the population of Harston was 333 and is comprised of approximately 52.0% females and 48.0% males.

The median/average age of the population of Harston is 44 years of age.

92.4% of people living in the suburb of Harston were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were 2.7% New Zealand, 1.5% England, 1.2% Netherlands, 1.2% Italy.

95.8% of people living in Harston speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 4.2% Italian.

The religious makeup of Harston is 26.1% Catholic, 23.1% Anglican, 21.0% No religion, 7.5% Uniting Church, 6.0% Presbyterian and Reformed, 5.7% Religious affiliation not stated, 3.6% Christian, nfd, 1.8% Other religious affiliation , 1.5% Pentecostal, 0.9% Salvation Army.

56.5% of people are married, 29.4% have never married and 6.9% are divorced and 2.3% are separated. There are 13 widowed people living in Harston.

59.8% of the people living in Harston over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 23.8% are working on a part time basis. Harston has an unemployment rate of 3.7%.

The main occupations of people living in Harston are 37.6% Managers, 13.3% Labourers, 8.8% Professionals, 8.3% Machinery operators & drivers, 8.3% Clerical & administrative workers, 8.3% Technicians & trades workers, 7.7% Sales workers, 6.1% Community & personal service workers, 1.7% Occupation inadequately described/ Not stated.

The main industries people from Harston work in are 38.3% Agriculture, forestry and fishing, 10.0% Manufacturing, 8.3% Health care and social assistance, 7.8% Retail trade, 5.0% Transport, postal and warehousing, 5.0% Construction, 3.3% Arts and recreation services, 3.3% Public administration and safety, 3.3% Electricity, gas, water and waste services.

41.0% of homes are fully owned, and 39.3% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 19.7% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $458 per week and the median household income is $785 per week.

The median rent in Harston is $150 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $1204 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for Harston postcode 3616

  • Qpzm LocalStats Victoria Suburb of the Day: Yarraville 3013 -> Melbourne -> Victoria