Barmah Demographics (VIC) Local Stats

Barmah (3639) is a suburb of Northern Victoria, Shepparton & Central North, Victoria. It is about 199 kms from VIC's capital city of Melbourne. Barmah is in the federal electorate of Murray.

In the 2011 census the population of Barmah was 181 and is comprised of approximately 48.6% females and 51.4% males.

The median/average age of the population of Barmah is 54 years of age.

77.8% of people living in the suburb of Barmah were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were 6.7% England, 2.8% New Zealand, 2.8% Scotland.

92.2% of people living in Barmah speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 7.8% Language spoken at home not stated.

The religious makeup of Barmah is 27.6% No religion, 22.1% Religious affiliation not stated, 21.0% Anglican, 14.9% Catholic, 4.4% Uniting Church, 4.4% Presbyterian and Reformed, 2.2% Churches of Christ, 1.7% Other Religious Groups, 1.7% Pentecostal.

42.3% of people are married, 26.9% have never married and 15.4% are divorced and 7.7% are separated. There are 12 widowed people living in Barmah.

62.2% of the people living in Barmah over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 31.1% are working on a part time basis. Barmah has an unemployment rate of 6.7%.

The main occupations of people living in Barmah are 36.4% Labourers, 27.3% Technicians & trades workers, 13.6% Community & personal service workers, 9.1% Machinery operators & drivers, 6.8% Clerical & administrative workers, 6.8% Managers.

The main industries people from Barmah work in are 34.9% Accommodation and food services, 9.3% Agriculture, forestry and fishing, 7.0% Manufacturing, 7.0% Construction, 7.0% Professional, scientific and technical services, 7.0% Arts and recreation services, 7.0% Health care and social assistance, 7.0% Other services, 7.0% Financial and insurance services.

48.8% of homes are fully owned, and 28.7% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 16.2% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $332 per week and the median household income is $545 per week.

The median rent in Barmah is $140 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $867 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for Barmah postcode 3639

  • Qpzm LocalStats Victoria Suburb of the Day: Kialla East 3631 -> Northern Victoria -> Victoria